Director, Cloud Business Operations 190920
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Director of Cloud Business Office is a respected hands-on management position in the technology organization at Ellie Mae responsible for managing the cloud team budget and driving cost optimization initiatives in conjunction with the VP Cloud Operations & Services and the Cloud Leadership team.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Manage, report on, and forecast all technology and cloud spend for the organization in partnership with the FP&A organization including the 5-year cloud forecast for private cloud, public cloud, and technology spend.
- Partner with Cloud Leadership, Engineering, Product Management, and Program Management to identify and successfully execute cost optimization programs and strategic initiatives to avoid costs, reduce waste, and maximize return on investment and ensure the company meets profitability targets. Cost optimization programs include public cloud usage optimization, cross-functional adoption of cost-saving services, and cross-functional adoption of lower cost or more efficient and scalable technology solutions.
- Coordinate with the Program Management group to improve alignment and documentation of technology decisions that drive significant cost.
- Track and certify receipts and in-service dates for all production assets including data center hardware and software licenses.
- Monitor and report on public cloud usage and high cost license usage; work with teams to automate reporting to support service level cost allocations in the future.
- Partner the cloud procurement team ensuring that deals are closed on time, within budget, and with improved business terms to ensure adequate business flexibility and future budget protections as cost models evolve to meet new business requirements.
- Ensure invoices, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders are submitted, approved, and processed on time and accordingly to Ellie Mae’s policies to ensure continued operations without service interruptions.
- Coach, train, and manage the Cloud Sr. Cost Analyst supporting Cloud Business Office and Technology Procurement activities.
- Drive improved cross-functional standardization and process optimization to support scalability and operability of all business processes impacting the cloud and technology teams.
- Contribute financial and contractual requirements into business decisions
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3-5 Years of experience with public cloud provider such as AWS, Google or Azure
- 3-5 Years as a finance business partner
- Strong communication skills and a successful history of leading via influence
- Ability to interact with executive level management and senior financial partners
- An ability to translate technical engineering concepts and accounting concepts to non-technical business partners
- Successful implementation of cross-functional programs
- A passion for continuous process optimization, automation, and standardization driving reduced complexity and improved quality and value
- A proven track record of success in a fast-moving, dynamic organization
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar, or 5+ years of relevant experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.