Technical Support Engineer II- 180352
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Customer Support Engineer acts as a subject-matter and product-area specialist to provide support to our customer base utilizing Ellie Mae products, services, platform technologies, and workflows. As an escalation point, the Customer Support Engineer endeavors to deliver complete resolutions in a timely and consistent manner to address our customers’ questions, concerns, and errors encountered in their use of, and interaction with Ellie Mae product and services within their business. The Customer Support Engineer may be deployed virtually to manage and drive resolution of escalated customer issues, and is routinely called upon to assist support analysts in complex troubleshooting efforts.
- Develop and effectively apply learned technical and domain expertise to assist customers and team members in the intended and proper use of Ellie Mae software solutions.
- Resolve complex problems reported by the customer to the agent in a timely manner with minimal assistance for 95% of all cases assigned at six-month’s tenure in the role while maintaining a satisfactory level of customer satisfaction.
- Drive service level attainment to departmental standards.
- Strive for first-call resolution, balancing completeness of resolution and quality of service while maintaining appropriate technical escalation rates in accordance to departmental standards.
- Recognize systemic customer-impacting problems, and respond appropriately per departmental procedure.
- Understand and follow company and departmental guidelines and policies for customer interaction/customer service.
- Adopt and exhibit core behaviors toward teamwork and professionalism as defined by departmental standard.
- Drive customer interactions as set forth by department policy and procedure.
- Manage case backlog to departmental standards.
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all customer interactions in appropriate case management system.
- Mentor and assist Team Members in workload and understanding of the systems and departmental policies and procedures.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers (CSM) to educate Customers on the value of the overall solution and encourage optimal utilization of the Encompass platform.
- Collaborates: Partners and works collaboratively to meet shared objectives. Cooperative; Fair; Trustworthy.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications, information which is clear, salient, and audience-appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively in large and small groups, and one-to-one. Deliver salient information and complete solutions with confidence.
- Customer Focus: Exhibits a sense of dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer. Actions are considerate of customer need and perception; Builds and maintains functional and appropriate relationships; Gains trust and garners the respect of the customer.
- Drives Results: Is able to consistently demonstrate achievement of results toward goals and objectives. Persistent; Empowered; Promotes and appropriately encourages others to meet/exceed goals.
- Manages Complexity: Possesses the capability, capacity, and patience to collect and consider complex, large quantities, and/or potentially contradictory information in the process of triage, problem analysis, and resolution. Critical thinking; Problem solving. Obtain relevant diagnostic information and apply to issue analysis and resolution efforts. Is skilled in the applied techniques and methods of software support, troubleshooting, and issue diagnosis.
- Nimble Learning: Willingly and actively learns through experimentation and problem solving. Curious; Learns concepts quickly; Seeks knowledge. Ability to learn and apply the use of department, job, and role specific policies, processes, procedures and technologies.
- Technical Savvy: Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn diverse, job-appropriate technologies and technical skills. Capacity to understand technical concepts, processes, procedures, and tools. An aptitude for technical problem solving, including the ability to learn and adopt new technical concepts, processes, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Possesses a basic understanding of working with Ellie Mae (or industry related) products and services, or client-server business systems software. A basic familiarity with, and understanding of Mortgage Banking Industry.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals. Consistently demonstrates good judgement; Considers relevant factors; Applies good practices and methodology to decision making. Understands and appropriately balances and prioritizes work efforts to operational needs.
- Drives Engagement: Actively works to motivate and create a climate of high-engagement and orientation toward achievement of objectives and goals. Empowers; Invites input; Fosters visibility and ownership.
- Manages Ambiguity: Demonstrates an ability to remain productive and function effectively in the role when situations are uncertain, unclear, or where situational information is not complete. Adaptable; Flexible; Resilient
- Plans and Aligns: Successfully applies effort toward the planning and prioritization of work efforts necessary to support and satisfy commitments aligned with organizational goals. Objective oriented; Develops initiatives and actions to support objectives; Anticipates and adjusts; Plans for contingencies. Plan and self-manage work efforts to goals and department/team objectives.
- 5 years’ experience and a Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in the mortgage industry - must have.
- Possesses an ability to manage own time to department and team standards and expectations.
- Possesses job-relevant domain and technical knowledge to a degree commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
- An ability to analyze and decipher application and system logs.
- An ability to demonstrate basic competency in Windows server platform, Microsoft SQL database, relevant web technologies, and networking.
Ellie Mae is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.