Technical Solutions Engineer 190490
Sales – Solution Sales
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Technical Solutions Engineer provides technical, product, and functional support to the Ellie Mae sales organization. Reporting to the Manager, Solutions Engineering Specialists, the Technical Solutions Engineer works closely with the sales and relationship management account teams providing technical, product, and functional support to identify selling opportunities and winning strategies. This role serves as an escalation point for the Core Solutions Engineering team for technical custom development opportunities.
Ellie Mae Technical Solutions Engineers must have precise knowledge of our products from a design and functional perspective, as well as a thorough understanding of the business benefits each of the solutions offered. The Technical Solutions Engineer needs to be able to communicate this information clearly and concisely to customers and prospects, to ensure the sale of the solutions. The Technical Solutions Engineer must also possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to relate to a wide range of individuals including sales and operations team members, managers, executives and technical staff within customer environments.
- Supporting the development of a sales strategy for each account
- Assistance in qualifying sale opportunities
- Provide sales support for the positioning and quoting of custom development services
- Effectively identify, assist and convert custom development opportunities
- Function as a subject matter expert in SDK
- Facilitate technical conversations regarding infrastructure, network and virtual deployment
- Review complex technical topics in a manner appropriate for the audience
- Preparation and delivery of technical sales presentations and demonstrations
- Must maintain in-depth product/solutions knowledge of market trends in aligned technology including understanding of competition
- Demonstrate the value that B2B technology brings to the mortgage process
- Participate with sales representatives in the preparation of responses to approved RFI and RFP efforts
- Provide sales support for the positioning of professional services and training team offerings.
- Discover, position and obtain business requirements for custom development opportunities
- 3-5 years minimum consulting and consultative selling for enterprise software solutions engagements (required)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting client-server and mission critical software solutions on a Windows platform for the mortgage industry
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suites: 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 365
- Experience with the following operating systems: Windows 7, 10, Server 2003, 2008 and 2010, 2012
- Full stack development experience
- Network configuration and management experience including firewall, proxy server, DNS management and AD deployment
- Familiarity with database architecture
- Understanding of scripting
- 3 – 5 years mortgage industry experience
- Strong technical documentation skills (required)
- Self-management: Ability to manage and prioritize own workload effectively. Be able to follow through and complete the work to client satisfaction (required)
- Strong Project Management skills, including status reporting, project documentation, issue resolution, time management, and communication with all project team members. (required)
- Ability to manage multiple large and small clients at various phases of pre-sale and post-sale process
- Flexibility to work to travel within the US 50% and up to 75% of the time (required)
- Bachelor of Science or Business Management Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Certifications and Experience (Degree strongly preferred)
- 1 - 3 years’ experience with Encompass Administration and/or other loan origination system
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.