Sr. UI Engineer- 190516
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Utilize modern web front end and open source technologies to design, develop, and unit test software applications, applying industry best practices
- You will architect and design ui components/screens and use your expertise to build elegant user interfaces.
- Articulate the inter-dependencies and the impact of the design choices with Product Management, UX Design and Engineering leadership.
- Collaborate with your partners in engineering, cloud infrastructure, security and product management to understand requirements and develop web frameworks, ui screens using re-usable components.
- Work with near shore engineers, mentor them and define the best practices to be followed during development cycle.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- 5+ year experience in designing and building highly available and scalable web applications.
- Assists in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology.
- Competent in design/implementation enterprise web applications and/or web services for reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
- Upholds the overall codebase quality by participating in design review, code review, unit testing and general technical discussion.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
- Experience working in formal development environment (version control system, code review, strict coding standard, documentation, unit test).
- Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams.
- Supporting your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
- The willingness to learn and experiment the latest client side technologies/concepts.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.