Quality Delivery Manager - 190458 (El Segundo)
El Segundo, CA
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Quality Delivery Manager works across the Customer Success, Professional Services, Product Management, Engineering, and all customer-facing teams to understand scope, priority, severity, and business impact of quality concerns which hinder the customer’s ability to reach full adoption, achieve desired levels of productivity, and to drive overall customer return on investment and value realization.
Driving quality into the customer experience with Ellie Mae solutions is a critical function to Ellie Mae. The efforts of the Quality Delivery Manager will have a direct and measurable impact toward achieving higher quality, and in doing so, Ellie Mae will enjoy greater overall adoption of products, features and services, customer satisfaction, and lower overall operational costs.
To be successful in the role of Quality Delivery Manager, you will be customer-focused in their thinking and action, highly collaborative, and inquisitive. The ideal candidate will be process-oriented, appreciate the value of proper documentation and due-diligence. Above all, an eye for quality and the customer-experience is paramount to success in this role.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Maintain a deep working knowledge of the full breadth of Ellie Mae’s solution ecosystem.
- Maintain collaborative, functional relationship with Ellie Mae teams within, and outside of the Customer Success organization.
- Identify and drive resolution to consistent, high impact quality concerns.
- Act as a representative of the end-to-end customer experience and organization cross-functionally.
- Leverage technical expertise and domain knowledge to assist in the development of the use case and business imperative toward driving the awareness and prioritization of quality improvement.
- Participate in pre-release efforts related to product improvement and quality efforts by determining completeness and method of issue resolution.
- Drive post release cross-product triage processes by leading engagement with Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success teams.
- Enable through information, KPIs, and product and domain knowledge, the information needed to understand scope and total business impact of issues related to quality which impact use, adoption and satisfaction with product and services.
- Recognize and respond accordingly to cross-functional teams with timely information and updates to enable the production of customer facing material including knowledge articles, education courses, and training curriculum, engaging with cross-functional teams, and driving production of materials.
- Participate in the product defect closed loop process by representing and/or facilitating intended functionality vs actual functionality and assist in the assessment of impact.
- Understand root cause of customer case volume; identify and drive implementation of process and technology changes which will reduce case volume in assigned areas.
- Understand and follow company and departmental guidelines and policies.
- Facilitate and drive authoring of customer facing materials such as knowledge articles for internal and external users both pre, and during the release cycle as necessary.
- Perform trending analysis on all relevant data points toward identification of opportunities for technical and business process improvement.
Basic Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Must have experience with Encompass, Encompass Admin Cert preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience in a technical support, technical account management, customer success, or equivalent role required.
- Demonstrated relevant subject matter expertise in one or more areas required – Ellie Mae (or industry related) products and services, or with a systems/software solutions integrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the design and architecture of multi-tiered software solutions, including core vendor components and mainstream supporting software required, preferably in a SaaS delivery model.
- Proven effectiveness in a role that requires multi-tasking, leadership, and strong customer soft-skills.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently deliver solutions and resolve issues required.
- Team-oriented, demonstrates a professional and cooperative attitude required.
- Exhibits flexibility, can multi-task several priorities to completion, finishes ad hoc projects and requests when needed required.
- Exhibit high regard for partnership and collaboration.
- Make timely and sound decisions based on all available input.
- Communicate effectively via written and spoken language; comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; meticulous listener.
- Maintain composure and professionalism under high-pressure conditions; open-minded; solicits feedback.
- Analytical; proactive; creative problem solver.
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers.
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.