Contingent - QA Engineer 201354
Pleasanton, CA /
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is a provider of enterprise on-demand solutions, including an online network, software and services for the residential mortgage industry. We are leading the mortgage industry into the future, developing and marketing software solutions that are transforming how mortgage lenders, investors, and settlement service providers work—and work together. We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer who will be responsible for the development, delivery and execution of code used to perform automated smoke and regression tests on a Loan Origination System and other mortgage systems.
- Develop complex data driven automation scripts to support code drops in various environments to support development, test and build deployment teams
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts
- Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Collaborates with the Automation Staff Engineer and other team members to continuously refactor and improve automation framework for reusability and speed
- Work closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Updates and maintains code in Jenkin Platform based on the latest code changes
- Familiar with using and configuring Virtual Machines
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 4+ years’ experience working as a dedicated Test Automation Engineer.
- 1+ year of uninterrupted experience working as a developer coding with a focus on workflow or framework.
- 2+ years’ experience developing automation code in Selenium with Java and Test NG.
- Prior Experience with GitHub and Jenkins platform in a CI/CD environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing
- Mortgage lending experience and demonstrated knowledge within the mortgage industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.