Sr. Software Platform Engineer- 200106
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
In this Senior Platform Software Engineer role, you will be working in a dynamic development team while collaborating with other developers, management and customer support teams. You will have an opportunity to participate in designing and developing services utilized across product lines. All our products are deployed in public (AWS) and/or private cloud environments.
- Expertly able to analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems. Develop technical specifications.
- Responsible for highly sensitive or critical problem determination. Able to diagnose complex developmental & operational problems and develop change management process. Able to recommend upgrades & improvements at a component level.
- Identifies both benefits and detriments for proposed solutions. Maintain broad experienced-based understanding of business and impact of industry trends.
- Mentors junior engineer
- Develops models of business functionality through prototyping. Participates in design and code review and code management. Identifies improvements and new processes. Identifies tools and processes for problem determination. Knowledge of computing infrastructure, including impacts on developmental & operational environments, and able to perform integration testing
- Able to influence and collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve high quality and predictable results
Qualifications, Skills & Education
- 5+ years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development.
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field.
- Quickly adopt to new concepts and situations.
- Solid experience in web services and SOA, including SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
- Working experience with WebAPI, Swagger UI, JsonWebTokens
- Solid experience in object oriented design and development with C#
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture.
- Experienced with database concepts and databases such as SQL Server
- Database programming experience such as SQL Queries, Triggers, Views, Stored Procedures
- Solid experience in source control systems: TFS, GIT and Bitbucket
- Works well independently, takes initiative; works well as part of a team, feels responsibility for team success
- Understands that our ultimate responsibility is to our clients - to provide the best solutions
- Can demonstrate a history of accomplishments
- Ability and desire to understand business problems and provide creative solutions
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with AWS is strongly preferred.
- Working experience with Jenkins is strongly preferred
- Strong XSLT experience is also a plus
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.