Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
AIQ Platform engineering team is looking for an experienced Staff engineer to drive technical roadmaps and innovate using best in class technologies. You work with a talented development team utilizing state of the art technology stack for application development and collaborate with teams in the areas of machine learning, data analytics, and event stream across the engineering organization. You will be interacting with UX, architects, product management, engineering leads, and customers to understand detailed functional requirements and create requirements for AIQ Platform
Summary of responsibilities
- Own technical strategy for complex or sub-complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems
- Participate in the strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs
- Lead a broad functional area and directs efforts through team leads along with the team’s overall planning
- Brainstorm with Architects, Product Managers, Designers, and Engineering Leads to conceptualize and build new features
- Actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- Assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues
- Design, develop & implement tests for ensuring the quality, performance, & scalability of our application
- Mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Basic skills and qualifications
- Experienced building software applications professionally for 8+ years preferably in Java
- Hands-on experience in building microservices using Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience any of the following API Gateways, REST /SOAP webservices
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes or EKS
- Hands-on experience in any of the AWS managed services such as S3, Lamda, Dynamo Db, Key Space, etc
- Good exposure to JMS environment and hands-on experience in Rabbit MQ / Active MQ / Kafka
- Good understanding of storage concepts exposure to Databases and hands-on experience in SQL and NO SQL Databases
- Experience on ELK stack
- Experience leading technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team
- You can write an understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.