Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Briefly describe the major purpose of this position and why it is important that this position be filled. Review and interpret investor product and underwriting guidelines, and maintain content in the Loan Library database to support AllRegs products. In addition, the Product Specialist will work closely with our publishing department, clients, and integration partners to coordinate and support their product search needs.
- Review, and interpret product and underwriting guideline updates for inclusion in the Loan Library database. Incumbent must have the ability to translate and re-create the investor guidelines into an alternative consistent format while maintaining the intended message of the source content. Content must be published timely within specified turn times and meet service level agreements.
- Ensure all content captured follows established data consistency standards to ensure optimal presentation, data integrity, and consistent user experience. Incumbent must work with a sense of urgency while maintaining a commitment to accuracy and must adhere to established departmental and company quality control processes and standards from product creation through publication.
- Accurately maintain established Loan Library database bucket/bullet structure as per established standards and consistency with other bullets and product specialists. This includes, but is not limited to product summary details, summary content for the Daily Investor Digest (DID), Triggers, Dependencies, State and Property Bullets (free-form).
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of Loan Library Product Admin, LL System Admin, Widget (document management system), basic HTML tagging used in writing summaries, and Adobe PDF Compare.
- Establish and maintain strong, professional internal and external customer relationships and provide overall customer service for product assistance, including but not limited to escalated questions on guideline searching, results, and/or data integrity issues.
- Maintain complete and accurate filing of source documents and updated investor notes. Adhere to departmental procedures for maintaining accurate document versions for historical reference when necessary.
- Contribute to overall efficiency of department by providing suggestions on streamlining of daily processes, development of reports and/or improvements to system functionality as it may relate to investor updates.
- Adaptable to changing priorities due to corporate initiatives, mortgage industry changes, or department projects as warranted. Incumbent may be required to assist in testing system enhancements on an as needed basis.
- Thorough knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC and private investor conventional product and underwriting guidelines required. FHA and VA knowledge a plus.
- Strict attention to detail and concern for accuracy. Ability to comprehend and implement processes thoroughly. Must be a team player and interact with other staff members.
- Ability to perform detail oriented job functions with minimal supervision. Structured – self-motivated/managed, sense of urgency.
- Superior Organizational skills, multi-task and ability to manage priorities successfully
- Word processing and computer skills including strong keyboard/typing ability. Previous experience with a variety of software applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and adobe.
- Experience working with a variety of mortgage banking software applications, loan origination systems, FHLMC Loan Prospector and FNMA Desk Top Underwriting. Experience with various private investor web sites and their automated underwriting systems a plus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent customer service skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum High School Diploma – College a plus
- Previous Experience (outside and within Mortgage Resource Center, Inc.)
- A minimum of 5-7 years mortgage banking experience in the positions of credit analyst, mid-level underwriting, senior processing, and/or quality control.
- At least 5 years of underwriting experience is required through direct interaction with the following: DU and LP systems and requirements; knowledge of multiple private investor’s underwriting and product guidelines with either delegated underwriting authority or pre-underwriting products to private investor guidelines prior to submission to outside investor; and/or other AUS systems and underwriting practices.
- At least 2 years in the following positions is recommended: senior processing; senior sales associate with emphasis on DU, LP other AUS systems; and/or quality control.
- The incumbent should have a good understanding of all phases of mortgage banking loan originations from sales, processing through servicing; and strong working knowledge of mortgage programs.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.