Sr. Engineer, Cloud Automation- Ops Engineer- 200113
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking an experienced ops-centric engineer to join our Cloud Automation team. The Cloud Automation team is responsible for internal services that provide developer collaboration, the build and release pipeline, and our cloud services platform. As a Cloud Automation engineer, you’ll own the many micro-services that are a key part of our cloud and DevOps strategy to provide development environments, tools and infrastructure to enable engineers to build product features and efficiently and confidently put them into production.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work closely with our engineering community to identify service needs and collaboratively design solutions.
- Partner with members of cross-functional teams and other stakeholders to deploy and maintain infrastructure and internal facing services.
- Build, maintain, and optimize continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices and DevOps strategies.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- Act as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of the Cloud Automation services.
- Be responsible for implementing new Cloud Automation services and the integration across the platform.
- Evangelize our services to the engineering community and cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in an SRE or DevOps role, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Familiarity of PAAS and IAAS offerings on a cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Demonstrable experience troubleshooting issues relating to DNS, DHCP, IP routing, and SSL/TLS.
- Bash, Python, and PowerShell proficiency.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- In-depth Operating System knowledge in both Windows and Linux
- Experience with IAM, Active Directory, ADFS, SAML 2.0, and Single sign on practices.
- Experience using configuration management tooling for application deployment and workflow orchestration.
- A proven track record of introducing automation to solve administration and other business as usual tasks.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Serverless application architecture.
- Coming from a system administration, network, or security background.
- Prior experience working with environments of significant scale (thousands of servers)
- Have previously acted as a project lead or point person to migrate applications from a private data center into a cloud platform.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of containers and orchestration managers
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.