Technical Support Analyst 200616
Customer Success – Technical Support /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Customer Support Analyst acts as a support resource to our customer base utilizing Ellie Mae products, services, platform technologies, and workflows. The Customer Support Analyst endeavors to deliver complete resolutions in a timely and consistent manner to address our customers’ questions, concerns, and errors encountered in their use of, and interaction with Ellie Mae product and services within their business.
- Develop and effectively apply learned technical and domain expertise to assist customers in the intended and proper use of Ellie Mae software solutions.
- Resolve technical problems reported by the customer to the agent in a timely manner with minimal assistance for 85% of all cases assigned at six-month’s tenure in the role while maintaining a satisfactory level of customer satisfaction.
- Support and drive service level attainment to departmental standards.
- Strive for first-call resolution, balancing completeness of resolution and quality of service while maintaining appropriate technical escalation rates in accordance to departmental standards.
- Have awareness for, and develop recognition of systemic customer-impacting problems, and respond appropriately per departmental procedure.
- Understand and follow company and departmental guidelines and policies for customer interaction/customer service.
- Adopt and exhibit core behaviors toward teamwork and professionalism as defined by departmental standard.
- Manage customer interactions as set forth by department policy and procedure.
- Adhere to schedule as set forth by management.
- Manage case backlog to departmental standards.
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all customer interactions in appropriate case management system.
- 5 years’ experience or 1 year experience and a Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- Possesses and ability to manage own time to department and team standards and expectations.
- Ability to Analyze and compare the conceptual and technical symptoms of a reported software problem to expected functionality and accurately identify the key differences, probable cause, and corrective course of action.
- An ability to demonstrate basic competency in software application problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- An understanding of desktop and SaaS software solutions to the conceptual level.
- Collaborates: Partners and works collaboratively to meet shared objectives. Cooperative; Fair; Trustworthy.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications, information which is clear, salient, and audience-appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively in large and small groups, and one-to-one. Deliver salient information and complete solutions with confidence.
- Customer Focus: Exhibits a sense of dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer. Actions are considerate of customer need and perception; Builds and maintains functional and appropriate relationships; Gains trust and garners the respect of the customer.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals. Consistently demonstrates good judgement; Considers relevant factors; Applies good practices and methodology to decision making. Understands and appropriately balances and prioritizes work efforts to operational needs.
- Nimble Learning: Willingly and actively learns through experimentation and problem solving. Curious; Learns concepts quickly; Seeks knowledge.
- Technical Savvy: Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn diverse, job-appropriate technologies and technical skills. Capacity to understand technical concepts, processes, procedures, and tools. An aptitude for technical problem solving, including the ability to learn and adopt new technical concepts, processes, and troubleshooting procedures
- Plan and self-manage work efforts to goals and department/team objectives.
- Possesses a basic understanding of business-to-business software applications utilized in complex multi-user environments that are both desktop application based and fully web-based.
- Drives Results: Is able to consistently demonstrate achievement of results toward goals and objectives. Persistent; Empowered; Promotes and appropriately encourages others to meet/exceed goals.
- Manages Ambiguity: Demonstrates an ability to remain productive and function effectively in the role when situations are uncertain, unclear, or where situational information is not complete. Adaptable; Flexible; Resilient.
- Manages Complexity: Obtains relevant diagnostic information and apply to issue analysis and resolution efforts. Possesses the capability, capacity, and patience to collect and consider complex, large quantities, and/or potentially contradictory information in the process of triage, problem analysis, and resolution.
- Critical thinking; Problem solving.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.