Financial Reporting Analyst - 190502
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The FP&A team at Ellie Mae, Inc. is looking for a Financial Reporting Analyst who is detail-oriented and passionate about learning new skills as our business evolves. The ideal candidate thrives in dealing with ambiguity and is constantly thinking of ways to improve operational efficiencies and reporting standards. Responsibilities include generating various financial and operational reports for monthly Board of Director and Executive reviews, working and coordinating cross-functionally to gather inputs and ensuring accurately reported results. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate FP&A.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist in the Company’s reporting process including the monthly financial and operational presentation for Board of Director reviews by collecting and updating functional reporting packages and helping to prepare ad hoc financial reporting as necessary.
- Develop and maintain reports in our reporting tool (Host/Adaptive) to streamline and automate the generation of the monthly financial and operational decks.
- Ensure quality control over any reports delivered by the FP&A team to the Board of Directors or Senior Management.
- Support deliverables for the Accounting organization and other financial reporting as required.
- Prepare financial statement flux analysis at the consolidated-level as well as research, document, and resolve accounting matters.
- Identify/support process improvements including policy development, training and/or system modifications.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments such as Accounting, HR and Sales Operations on and on-going basis to improve reporting standards.
Basic skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in accounting/finance).
- 3-5 years post college experience (within a Big 4 accounting firm, software company, or within a financial reporting group).
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of internal clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. Host and/or Workday experience is a plus.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.