Sr. Engineer, Quality 190353
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our Encompass Loan Officer team. This team is responsible for building a robust, scalable mobile platform for Encompass product that gives loan officers the ability to take applications, update loans, receive alerts, and deliver superior customer service from any device. While working on this product you will hold responsibility for ensuring product quality right from the beginning including requirements, design, develop, test and deploy. You will be collaborating with API, cross-functional, end-to-end and performance teams for successful testing and test automation of this product.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert - SME on software testing requirements/ architecture, testing framework, automation framework, tools and technologies.
- Provides leadership in QA automation for test projects and mentors and advises Test Engineers on automated process, architecture, tools and test case design.
- Designs automated tests, troubleshoots issues, and implements scalable test automation framework and solutions.
- Integrates test automation suites into a continuous integration/ continuous deployment system.
- Manages automated testing artifacts to ensure proper reuse, versioning, and back-ups
- Constantly evaluates test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement- test automation frameworks, dynamic data collection methodologies, coding standards, components and object repository methods
- Establishes goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles.
- Creates and Executes both manual and automated test scripts for complex systems as part of an Agile Scrum Sprint team.
- Converts existing manual test scripts into automated scripts.
- Implements test processes on projects, writes test plans, procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
- Produces reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Collaborates in an integrated Agile Software Development team, providing consistent communication and feedback among Developers, Testers and Product Owners.
- Mentors and enriches other QA Engineers on the Sprint team
- 4+ years of experience with testing tools with 3 years of experience with testing frameworks.
- 4+ years experience creating test automation suites – Selenium, Java and TestNG.
- 2+ years experience writing SQL queries and working with automated build.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- Hands-on experience on modern CI, CD, DevOps tools and infrastructure (Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Octopus, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of UI automation and Web Services automation.
- Familiarity with current software design methodologies including Agile (Scrum) and waterfall development process.
- Software development experience with Object Oriented Languages like Java or C#.
- Experience using Cloud-based infrastructure for testing is desirable.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex, technical concepts across all levels of the organization.
- Capability to lead and coordinate a team of QA engineers for testing engagements.
- Mortgage lending experience and demonstrated knowledge within the mortgage industry experience.
- Applied Knowledge of Jira
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.