Senior QA Engineer- 20000515M
Foster City, CA /
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior QA Analyst is responsible for ensuring complete test coverage of product functionality, development and maintenance of comprehensive test automation infrastructure and performance testing of applications.
This role is responsible for performing a variety of QA engineering tasks including the design and development of GUI automation test frameworks, coding and executing automated test scripts and web application testing and performance testing. The ideal candidate will have the necessary skills and experience to architect and develop automated Web Based GUI Test suites, define test development needs and procedures, and love to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. This role also collaborates directly with a cross-functional team of Architects, Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to facilitate the design and development process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain scalable test automation frameworks and supporting infrastructure
- Work closely with development teams to integrate new test cases into existing automation frameworks
- Drive testability requirements and process changes as necessary to achieve quality goals
- Responsible for ensuring complete test coverage of product functionality
- Responsible for performance testing of web applications
- Responsible for working with build team to manage/maintain continuous integration QA tasks with builds
- Performs troubleshooting software / hardware configuration problems
- Develop, maintain and execute test scripts and test cases and execute tests to validate new features
- Report defects and follow-through as necessary to complete the testing cycle
- Provide timely status updates and assist the team in making decisions about release readiness
Knowledge and Experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years of experience in reviewing product requirements and design, creating test plans, and testing distributed web based applications
- 2+ years Web-based GUI testing for Java/J2EE applications using data driven test methodologies
- 3+ years of experience with data driven GUI Automation with Selenium RC or Webdriver or QTP
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java
- 2+ years of performance testing experience with JMeter/Loadrunner or similar load automation tools
- Working experience with and solid understanding of Unit Testing Frameworks like JUnit or TestNG
- Working experience with and solid understanding of API/REST testing
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and productively under pressure
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and decision making ability
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.