Sr. Staff Engineer
Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
· 10+ years direct experience with modern web stacks, design, development and deployment of high volume web applications and APIs.
· Experience as technical lead is desirable.
· Working knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database design and management- MongoDB preferred.
· Expertise with object-oriented languages such as C#.net and .NET core.
· Excellent understanding of concepts and fundamentals of computer science including multi-threading, memory management and web services.
· History of building resilient, stateless, scalable, distributed and observable systems.
· Experience in building services(REST and SOAP) with high focus on performance.
· Familiarity with microservices and knowledge of modern cloud services (AWS).
· Practical perspective on software engineering discipline, focus on learning and delivering, and passion for high quality.
· “You build it – You own it” mentality is a must. Sense of ownership is paramount to achieving success.
· Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
· Be focused, passionate and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems.
· Keep up to date with latest technologies and introduce them as needed.
· Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.