VP, Executive Account Leader 202389
U.S.A. Remote /
Sales – Sales - Client Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The VP, Client Executive reports directly to the VP, Enterprise Sales & Client Management. This role develops and maintains strategic long-term trusting relationships with the company’s largest and most strategic clients and prospects to accomplish organic growth and long-term company objectives. The CE leads with a customer orientation, grounded in the customer’s objectives and business and driven by a strong desire to help customers make their business successful. The CE leads a cross-functional account team to assess and fulfill client needs and is ultimately accountable for the health and expansion of the overall customer relationship.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Builds and sustains trustworthy and personal relationships at all levels of the customer organization and across ICE Mortgage Technology
- Successfully manages a complex web of relationships and champions the overall customer strategy for positive enterprise business outcomes that solidify long term strategic partnerships
- Nurtures and cultivates relationships with strategic accounts that hold us in “vendor” status to transform the relationship and solidify an understanding that ICE Mortgage Technology is an essential strategic partner for any mortgage lender
- Executes collaborative quarterly and annual strategic planning meetings in conjunction with customers to ensure alignment in priorities and objectives
- Strong in-depth knowledge about competitors and the ability to analyze the additional services and products that could deliver more value to the customer
- Effectively analyzes company capabilities against the customer to determine fit and opportunities, and “solutions” of products and services that meet customer-defined value
- Up-to-date knowledge about your customers and determination to work with Product to deliver features that will provide significant value to them
- Leads cross-functional teams between customer and internal organizations to execute plans and solution opportunities that align with mutually beneficial long term strategies. Adds new dimensions to the customer relationship by creatively drawing on the full resources of the company
- Leads the internal account team in account planning, jointly creating team goals and KPIs to ensure the extended account team is well positioned to achieve their individual goals through the actions of the team
- Engages in effective team selling techniques, partnering with extended account team specialists to orchestrate a successful sales process
- Adheres to a formal sales process while successfully navigating customer buying processes and procurement teams; maintains good pipeline hygiene
- Achieves annual revenue and growth objectives, including net new business, expansion business, professional services business, and successful renewal goals.
- Effectively partners with technical support resources to optimize customer technical environments to ensure customer scalability and to mitigate latency
- Escalation point for clients on business related issues/concerns
- Ensures clients are optimizing their investments, benefiting from expansive resources available to support adoption and utilization of what they own to increase their ROI and to support retention efforts.
- Curates referenceable customers across a wide spectrum of solutions.
- Builds and maintains customer profile and account information in Salesforce
- Executes within the parameters of ICE Mortgage Technology legal, financial, operational and data security requirements
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Skills) Education, Experience
- Exceptional consultative selling and closing skills with experience closing business with large and enterprise organizations essential. Experience executing land and expand strategy preferable.
- Consumer Finance or Mortgage Industry domain expertise essential, CMB preferred
- Background in SAAS desired
- Experience with Encompass and/or other mortgage lending origination systems a plus
- Executive presence & credibility essential
- Skilled in complex, long sales cycle value-based selling
- Strong business acumen and the willingness to learn and become an expert in the customer’s business and their strategic business needs
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Adept at building value propositions specific to the customer’s needs and desired outcome
- Strong communicator, excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Effectively articulates a value proposition
- Delivers Boardroom level presentations
- Plans and facilitates highly effective meetings, ensuring all objectives are met with minimal wasted effort
- Persuasively promotes company ideas (e.g. with enthusiasm, conviction and assertiveness)
- Provides compelling rationales for arguments (e.g. shows how our positions address key organizational needs and priorities)
- Builds a broad base of support among key decision-makers and influencers (e.g. links our proposals to their needs, interests and concerns)
- Mature negotiation skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a cross-functional team
- Ability to influence stakeholders and marshal resources to deliver on customer expectations
- Ability to toggle between strategy and tactics effectively
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Effectively navigates business and technical audiences to nurture opportunities
- Demonstrates a technical aptitude, embraces new technology
- Solid analytical capabilities, comfortable navigating business intelligence tools to drive analysis and insights
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.