Director Engineering, Platform- 190272
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Do you enjoy leading engineering teams that make a huge impact to the product platform?
As the Sr. Manager of Platform Engineering, you are responsible for the success of Ellie Mae’s Open Platform initiatives intended to serve the developer community who innovate on our Encompass Lending Platform. Our team builds the various AWS based micro-services within Encompass suite of products. It involves leading the execution and success of our Collaboration platform by conducting strategic conversations with business and engineering leaders and actively participating in design/architecture discussions/decisions.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Own the Collaboration platform from conception to delivery by working with Product Mangers, Business Analysts and Architecture team.
- Deliver multiple shared services in AWS.
- Responsible for development efforts for software enhancements, defect corrections, integration of features and independently assess system performance against stated requirements.
- Coaching and mentoring your team to ensure goals are met and the team maintains productivity and a positive morale.
- Flex your coding skills for feature development when needed.
- Enforce SOA governance in line with corporate directives.
- You may lead onsite as well as remote teams.
- Be passionate about this job, technically savvy, communicate effectively and have a strong curiosity for new technologies.
- Strong advocate of continuous integration practices, design/code reviews, Test Automation, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Documentation, Production Monitoring practices.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EDUCATION
- 10+ years of dynamic leadership experience of high performing Platform Engineering teams
- Proven experience in design and development with languages (such as Java and/or Node.js) and relational and/or NoSQL databases (such as MySQL and/or DynamoDB).
- Experience building high scale, multi-tenant Web services, including RESTful APIs and AWS microservices
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and delivery
- Strong production tuning, scalability and performance analysis skills
- Extensive experience with architecting and deploying service offerings across single or multiple cloud providers
- Good understanding of Monitoring Products/Tools (such as AppD, signalfx and/or Kibana).
- Ability to effectively communicate effectively with developers, program managers, and end users
- BS in Computer Science or comparable degrees
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You follow Scrum/Agile development methodology
- Deep understanding of IT Security Framework Authentication, Authorization, Access Control etc.
- Encouraging a DevOps culture – “you build it, you run it”
- You use IDE tools such as JDeveloper, Visual Studio or similar
- Experience working on message queue clustering and fail-over
- Mortgage Industry Experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.