Senior Software Engineer
Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
· An Agile developer, focusing on sustainable development by exercising good estimation, effective branching strategies for managing code, automated testing to protect quality, and continuous deployment to get faster feedback.
· Drive/Actively participate in design discussions around architecture and business requirements with Architects, Product Owners and Business Owner. Own a fairly undefined/ unbounded problem and produce a well-thought-out architecture that is scalable, performant, secured and highly reliable.
· Prepare detailed design document including Class diagram, sequence diagram, interface specification, persistence model, screen mockups where required.
· Implement modules ensuring best coding practice.
· Perform code reviews of components & modules with recommendation around best coding practices
· Assist Operations / Support team in resolving Production Issues.
· Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of our next-generation cloud based solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
· 6+ years of software development experience using Object Oriented design for high-volume transactional systems using C++, C#, .NET and .NET core
· Hands on experience with designing and implementing SDKs using multi-threading
· Hand on experience with databases like MySQL, Oracle and NoSQL(Cassandra)
· Hands on experience with messaging frameworks like Fiorano, ActiveMQ
· Hands on experience with developing and deploying .Net applications onto cloud (AWS/Azure)
· Hands-on experience with CI/CD, design reviews, code reviews, unit testing, integration/system testing, monitoring, alerting, agile development practices
· Hands on experience working with Amazon MQ and Amazon SQS
· Experience on cloud transformation project and containerizing the application will be an added advantage
· Experience with REST architectural patterns and experience in building, exposing, consuming RESTful services will be nice to have.
· Knowledge of platform and application layer development processes in a Micro-service environment will be nice to have.
· Proven success in designing robust and scalable production systems.
· Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with developers, project managers, QA, and the leadership team
Deep knowledge and understanding of scrum/agile development met
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.