Sr. Engineer, QA
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Design Complex Integration Test Cases that exercise:
- Variations of loan products, programs & transaction types using realistic data
- Business rules
- Other Settings such as Loan Templates, Realistic User Roles and Personas
- Realistic workflow patterns and variety of loan disposition types
- Execute and Validate the life cycle of a loan, included ordering all required services, and bring loan through to closing & funding.
- Test Execution includes not only executing documented test cases but also conducting complex root cause analysis in case of functional defect/failure.
- Defect Management: Responsible for documenting detailed system defects, presenting them in project triage meetings and follow up on them on a weekly basis to bring them to resolution.
- Environment Management: Responsible for staying up to date on the latest environment changes and monitoring various chat rooms to watch for system outages
- Prepares Documentation and Support for Field Support Test Events: Provide test guides, hands on support during the event and assistance triaging defects.
- Provide training to the Sprint QA Teams on system or domain logic when needed
- Participate in scrum team test cycles, defining and leading execution of Integration and End to End test
- Work primarily under the direction of a Sr. QA Manager or Staff Analyst
- Be flexible to work on different projects based on the project and company needs
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 5+ Years’ experience as a Manual Tester
- 5+ Years' experience working in the Mortgage domain preferable on a Loan Origination system
- Advanced knowledge of Mortgage LOS data from initial loan boarding through funding and shipping into the secondary market with the ability to independently structure valid loan data scenarios.
- Experience with Ellie Mae's Encompass 360 Mortgage system is a strong plus
- Understands various test levels such as integration testing, functional, regression and end to end system testing.
- Familiarity with relational databases and basic SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of scripting languages and experience with automation is a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Spoken and written English skills with an ability to communicate ideas, problems and solutions effectively
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.