Engineer I, QA
Technology & Operations – Product PMO
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Review requirements/specifications and create test plans and test cases
- Perform new functionality and regression tests
- Test APIs, user interfaces, web services, and web applications
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues
- Create clearly written defect reports to enable quick reproduction and resolution to issues
- Develop new test automation scripts
- Translate existing manual regression test cases into automated tests
- Prioritize QA requests and manage your work queue taking into consideration team goals and product milestones
- Assist in on-going process improvement efforts related to quality
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree.
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Engineering
- Good knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
- Working knowledge of one or more: Java, C#, C++
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks: UFT/QTP, Selenium+TestNG
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix and Windows environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think beyond assigned task, and be a good team player
- Passion for testing and quality
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.