Staff Business & Data Analyst 190645
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Staff Business & Data Analyst acts as the front-line reporting and data analytics resource for internal Customer Success leadership and staff. You will deliver insightful analysis of current customer usage trends and top issues, while identifying and driving improvement opportunities based on the data analysis. In addition, you will be responsible for determining how Customer Success can apply emerging technologies such as AI and ML to our vast data sources in order to improve how our assisted and self-service technical support is delivered to our customers. As a key member of the multiple cross-functional teams, you will actively participate in driving operating efficiencies for our Customer Success organization and experience improvements for our customers.
Ideal candidates for the role will have deep knowledge of data mining, statistical analysis, and recurring and ad-hoc reporting generation. Individuals must be self-motivated with an ability to drive clarity from a high volume of transactions and cases across multiple sources. As the role will interact with multiple levels of leadership, the individual must have superior communication skills and the ability to frame and communicate data outcomes that inspire action.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Design, implement, and maintain recurring technical support analysis and dashboards for use by Customer Success and other internal teams such as Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Gather input for and define key customer success performance metrics; produce and monitor output to drive improvements in the short and long term.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner to a wide audience and key partners.
- Based on data analysis, identify key trends and drive multi-stage projects that enable continual improvements to Customer Success operations or experience for our customers.
- Analyze complex, multi-dimensional issues and provide recommendations for resolutions. Drive resolution where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain data insight tool(s) used by EM customer facing field staff. Ensure tool(s) stay current with technology and data updates and troubleshoot any issues.
- Partner with EM Self-Service Engineering teams to apply ML and AI technology and methods in order to improve technical support experience for our customers.
- Interact and communicate with senior stakeholders on matters that require explanation, interpretation, or guidance/feedback.
- Educate and influence parties within multiple organizations based on subject matter expertise and logic data conclusions.
- Accurately scope assigned work, set timelines, and drive towards delivery within defined timeframes.
- Resolve problems in a timely manner with minimal assistance
- Drive service level attainment to departmental standards
- Recognize and respond accordingly to systemic customer-impacting or internal problems
- Participate in the product defect/enhancement closed loop process
- Understand and follow company and departmental guidelines and policies for customer interaction
- Maintain and promote consistent behaviors and delivery across direct and matrix teams
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in data mining, statistical analysis, and report generation.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft SQL database, relevant web technologies, or business intelligence tools (Tableau, Business Objects)
- User level experience with MS SQL or Oracle DB
- Ability to interpret scripting languages such as VB or Python
- Knowledge of AI and ML techniques
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Proven effectiveness in a role that requires multi-tasking and strong customer soft-skills
- Demonstrated ability to confidently deliver solutions and resolve issues
- Team-oriented, demonstrates a professional and cooperative attitude
- Exhibits flexibility, can multi-task several priorities to completion, finishes ad hoc projects and requests when needed
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on all available input; addresses root cause of issues; recognizes problems and acts accordingly
- Communicate effectively via written and spoken language; comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; conscientious listener
- Maintain composure and professionalism under high-pressure conditions; open-minded; solicits feedback
- Analytical; proactive; creative problem solver
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.