Manager, SRE 190726
El Segundo, CA
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Consumer SRE Team is looking for a Manager to help Ellie Mae to build secure, scalable and resilient services. You will lead a combined SRE / DevOps team focused primarily on the Velocify and Consumer-facing services, based out of our office in El Segundo, CA.
You will contribute to the strategy and delivery of the team, as well as managing the day-to-day workload. Responsibilities include release planning and CI/CD Release Automation. The SRE role involved the definition and monitoring of SLAs, as well as creating pro-active, actionable alerts. As part of this role you will also be involved in customer incidents and will build a close relationship with our customer support, engineering and product organizations.
- Set the technical direction for our SRE team
- Experience troubleshooting and managing a diverse set of SaaS Applications and internal services
- Developed sustainable SRE practices around simplification and standardization
- Serve das the face of a team responsible for the overall health performance, and capacity of our SaaS application
- Driver of the cultural standard for SRE including defining ways of working, runbooks and accountability across people, processes and technology
- Proven track record decreasing MTTR (Meant-Time-To-Recovery) and increasing MTTF (Mean-Time-To-Failure) and improving overall service quality
- Manage the personal growth of the team members
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent professional experience
- 2 years in a SaaS operations management leadership role
- Experience in designing, deploying and operating cloud infrastructure (AWS or equivalent & On-Premise virtualized environments)
- Demonstrable track record of driving production impacting incidents to resolution. • Troubleshooting skills that span systems, networks and code
- Strong ITIL/ITSM Knowledge and capabilities or experience working in Agile Methodologies
Extra Credit - Come from an engineering background in one or more of the following:
- Net, C#, Java, Go, Python
- Experience with web-based .Net/Java/J2EE architectures
- Excellent Communications skills
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.