Sr. Engineer, Software-190737
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and understanding of how to put Big Data and Cloud Computing into action?
Are you an expert in building scalable and responsive web applications for highly adaptive data visualization on complex data sets?
We Build Data Products:
We have a gold mine of over ten years and petabytes of historic data for the mortgage industry waiting to become insightful and innovative data products. Our engineering team focuses on the UI components and related frameworks utilized in our Data Connect products. These products help our customers make data driven decisions. With rapid growth in engineering, you will get to take on hard problems and increase your responsibilities while we scale the organization. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and post-production ownership.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving our leading mortgage software solutions to the next level
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs
- Use modern programming languages/technologies and apply industry standard software development best practices
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of professional experience in software development
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Solid experience in design and development with languages such as Java and Node.js
- Solid knowledge of high-scale, multi-tenant Web service development, including RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experienced with relational and/or NoSQL databases such as MySQL and DynamoDB
- Experienced with working in DevOps environment – “you build it, you run it”
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with identity and access management, edge services, continuous delivery, and real-time monitoring
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.