Sr. Software Support Engineer 190826
Omaha, NE /
Customer Success – Technical Support /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise customers on best practices for using Capsilon IQ (SaaS application) in an efficient and effective manner.
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues, as well as communicate status to customer.
- Fully document all issues and solutions in the support ticketing system (Zendesk) and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Log into the phone system during your assigned shift, to accept and respond to incoming customer calls.
- Escalate product defects and enhancement requests via JIRA to the Engineering Team.
- Develop and maintain deep of technical knowledge of how Capsilon IQ is deployed and configured in the Cloud.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer.
- Create knowledge base articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers.
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees.
- Be available for weekend and after-hours on-call production support rotation.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Solid understanding of API technologies (SOAP, REST)
- Broad understanding of cloud technologies (SaaS)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Windows 10, MS Office)
- Proficient networking troubleshooting abilities (Wireshark)
- Reasonable understanding of web browser troubleshooting and HTTPS decryption (Fiddler)
- Ability to read and comprehend XML
- Prior experience using a case tracking system (preferably Zendesk, Salesforce, and JIRA)
- Must have business to business support (B2B) experience with ability and aptitude to support enterprise-level, outside customers, including executives, project managers, business analysts, customer help desk technicians, and customer end-users
General Business Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills, and comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong meeting ownership: note-taking ability, define action items, follow-up
- Very strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to create and maintain strong customer relationships
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints, handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Initiative and strong sense of ownership
Education & Experience
- Required: Minimum 2 years of experience providing technical software customer support for Enterprise SaaS in a business to business (B2B) environment
- Preferred: 1-3 years of experience in the mortgage industry
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or academic equivalent
- Must have a legal right to work in the United States
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Must be available for after-hours on-call production support, nights and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.