Senior Software Engineer
Customer Success – Technical Support /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Software Engineer interfaces with prospective and current internal clients in a consultative capacity, working to understand the client’s key business objectives, IT initiatives, and technical requirements, providing resulting guidance in accordance with industry and company best-practices. The Senior Software Engineer is a critical interface across multiple internal departments as they work to design and implement solutions used to exceed customer expectations for implementation deliverables and deployment timelines. The candidate will possess a breadth of experience and knowledge which spans enterprise business applications, solutions systems design and supporting platform technologies. This individual must work equally effectively with both clients and internal business units to ensure that customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Expertly analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems. Develop technical specifications.
- Write software and design new procedures to make the organization more effective and more scalable.
- Responsible for highly sensitive or critical problem determination. Able to diagnose complex developmental & operational problems and develop change management process. Able to recommend upgrades & improvements at a component level.
- Identifies both benefits and detriments for proposed solutions. Maintain broad experienced-based understanding of business and impact of industry trends.
- Acts as a resource and provides technical assistance, mentor staff in technical discussions.
- Able to lead small teams, run planning meetings and facilitate accurate estimation of tasks
- Develops models of business functionality through prototyping. Participates in design and code review and code management. Identifies improvements and new processes. Identifies tools and processes for problem determination. Knowledge of computing infrastructure, including impacts on developmental & operational environments, and able to perform integration testing
- Able to influence and collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve high quality and predictable results.
- Work with all levels of the organization to understand the most pressing problems in order to design new and improved techniques for solving them.
- Understand how systems and data, flow within Ellie Mae.
- Develop technical proposal documentation to effectively communicate, proficient in key applications within Ellie Mae.
- Acts as a technical expert, providing guidance throughout the design and implementation process.
- Provide thought leadership to internal stakeholders to drive technical and business strategy, including driving our tools and product roadmaps, reviewing and analyzing the current architecture and its ability to support our client’s strategic objectives.
- Drive internal resources and activities to ensure deliverables are met within promised scope and time.
- Develop and document technical best practices.
- Drive customer satisfaction as well as product supportability improvements.
- Proficient in key applications within Ellie Mae.
- Manage change and release management of products, tools and applications.
- Knowledge and expertise in multiple architectural domains including systems, software information, and integrations. Experience is React, Node, C# or equivalent, Linux, Windows, PostgreSQL or equivalent is required. Experience in AWS components including EC2, S3, RDS configuration and setup, is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Individual must be highly organized and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience in software deployment in large-scale services in complex environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively with product development team on problem troubleshooting and driving product improvements.
- Quality, out-of-the box thinker who is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident.
- Team player who works well in collaborative situations.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- 8+ plus years progressive experience in the technology field with proven ability to understand customers’ business models and determine cost-effective strategies for implementation.
- Some travel required.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.