Staff Engineer, Software UI- 200191
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Staff UI Engineer will contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving their leading mortgage software solutions to the Cloud. Taking part in a massively growing team while constantly improving current processes with innovative out of the box thinking. Your primary responsibilities will focus on developing a new UI tech stack.
- Expected to lead the technical direction of multiple product lines
- Work directly with product and business analysts and Sr. Engineers to design the best approach to solve the business needs. Can expect that your technical documentation will also be reviewed by Architecture teams
- Responsible for overall code quality practices for the features you are leading; including: conducting peer code reviews, design reviews and maintaining a high threshold of quality unit test coverage
- Must present progress to the business and Architecture team at regular intervals
- Will be part of the rotation for the on-call product support
- May be called upon for technical discussions with clients
- Will work as part of a team within an Agile scrum process
- 9+ years experience designing and building consumer faced web applications.
- Designing, developing web and mobile applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s).
- Demonstrate passion and contribute to best practices for architecture, design, coding standards and release process.
- Utilizes industry research to improve UI technology environment.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications.
- Strong passion for learning and ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results.
- Act as a technical leader: Mentoring junior engineers, applying technical expertise to challenging programming and architecture/design problems and driving the team to engineer and operational excellence in a high-velocity agile environment.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Lead the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project and test planning.
- Experience with Agile Development and SCRUM.
- Good personal skills, ability to work push through challenges.
- Resourceful motivated and organized.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- React development experience
- Full Stack development experience
- Experience with public cloud technologies and application monitoring.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.