Sr. Engineer, Performance 190395
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Are you a software engineer who is obsessed with the quest to always improve the performance of the software product?
Do you like to push applications to the limit to see what they can handle and then have an impact on increasing that capacity?
That's what we do:
Our Performance Engineering is looking for a Sr. Performance Engineer to join the team. You would be responsible for ensuring the application performance and capacity of our market leading enterprise cloud solutions by delivering highly available, responsive, scalable and top quality applications/services performance that will delight our customers. You will get to create innovate solutions to improve performance engineering effectiveness.
You get to:
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure, and Data Engineering teams to find the optimal way to scale applications and the infrastructure.
- Own end-to-end product performance of all EllieMae products and services.
- Support architecture design, assist in defining networking requirements, and help code/debug to deliver high quality product releases.
- Develop capacity studies to predict infrastructure growth projections in the areas of compute (cpu/memory), storage and network.
- Perform load and stress analysis of end to end application performance on infrastructure, capacity planning of APIs and key services.
- Construct complex workloads and data shapes to expose potential bottlenecks in the application or the infrastructure.
- Play a key role in production incident analysis and troubleshooting.
To be successful you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- At least 6+ years of experience in performance engineering, capacity panning with in depth knowledge of identifying and debugging application/infrastructure performance problems
- Strong coding & scripting skills with languages such as Java, C#, Perl, Python, Tcl.
- Software application performance tuning over a visualized system and infrastructure.
- Debug, Monitor and Optimize using tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, NewRelic, LoadRunner, Webload, JMeter and others.
- Hands on experience with application code instrumentation (Java or C#) and database profiling.
- Robust skills around database fundamentals and architecture (MS SQL Server, Oracle and MongoDB)
- Be a thinker, help in finding performance bottlenecks, debug to get RCA and provide/recommend a working solution.
- Outstanding attention to details and strong communication skills
- Successfully completed AWS or Azure Solutions Architect Associate/Professional certification exam.
- Good troubleshooting and performance tuning experience with AWS components like Dynamo, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Worked with distributed caching systems like Hazelcast, Redis, etc.
- Excellent understanding of how a high transactional system scales the infrastructure load balancers, filers, firewalls.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.