Staff Network Engineer- 190569
Technology & Operations – IT
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The position reports the Director of Infrastructure and Ops. There are a number of highly strategic programs to plan and execute:
We are in process of migrating large number of Applications, Servers, and Services, from the legacy Data Center VM’s to the Cloud.
• Guide and assist the architecture and the network in Azure Cloud, while utilizing AWS as needed
• Migrating services and servers, storage, and network, from legacy Data Centers, to Azure, SaaS solutions, and private cloud
• Guide, architect and particle in implementation and maintenance of Secure quarantine network zones
• Planning, Implementing, and maintaining the LAN & SD-WAN
• Establishing effective Alerting, monitoring, and NOC environment for the Corp Network
• Upgrade and Patch Management tools and process for all Corp Network devices and software
• And there is always the day to day stuff
You’ll be at the heart of our next generation SD-WAN solution. This position will work directly with the other enterprise network architects in the cloud team, Vendors, contingent staff, as well as the Corporate IT leaders and Engineers. The focus of this role is the Corp IT, that includes, Data Center, H.Q. and all branch offices, the SaaS solution providers, and all Corp IT operation migrated or migrating to the Cloud, AWS and Azure. All phases are included in the scope of this positon: Preparation, planning, design, implementation, integration, and operations of a fully managed network infrastructure.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions
- Document, share, plan, design, implement, integrate, and operations of a fully managed our network infrastructure, and be the key part of the next generation design
- Responsible for all aspects of corporate Network, Core, Distribution and Access, as well as WAN, and SaaS & Cloud connectivity. This includes Security, Firewalls, IDP/S. network including standards, design, technical integration, DR / Failover process and technology recommendations
- Be a key part of our selection, design, implementation, and operation of SD-WAN
- Participate in forming the team and hands on contribution in troubleshooting support for a complex enterprise network environment
- Assist in development a cloud-first strategy for application delivery
- Collaborate cross functionally with teams from Info Security, Cloud Operation, and Facilities.
- Participate and when needed, establish, policies and SOP’s with extensive vendor and contingent staff management experience
- Responsible for all aspects of implementation and support of local area network and wireless local area network technologies at sites as assigned
- Assist in deployment of new projects and services with Corp IT Infrastructure
- 10-15 years of large corporate Network architecture and Vendor management experience
- This is NOT only an architectural role. It is also a hands-on role
- Familiarity with Viptela and/or Silver Peak is an advantage
- Experience in business change management, Corporate IT Service management
- A self-starter that enjoys the challenge
- Organized, creative and a problem-solver
- Focused, and balanced throughout all phases
- Work collaboratively with other project managers Senior Network Engineers and Architects
- Endless aptitude for learning new technologies, approaches and leveraging tools of the trade while remaining thoughtful and flexible
- Routing / switching architectural design of large scale networks
- Detailed knowledge of complex network concepts including routing protocols, spanning tree, VPC and VLAN design, WLAN technologies, packet analysis and inspection, and application performance troubleshooting
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco router and switch platforms including working knowledge of the Cisco ISR, catalyst, ASR and nexus platforms
- Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CISSP, CCDE; similar certifications in areas related to network virtualization or internetworking solutions also a plus
- Experience with various network management tools and underlying fundamental protocols such as: SNMP, Netflow, Ixia, Solarwinds, Opnet, SMTP, NTP, SSH, and very security Savvy
- Summary of Responsibilities
- Ellie Mae IT department is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join the newly restructured IT team. We are looking for Architectural and Technical excellence. Our networking guru with have deep understanding of the theoretical, practical, and technological aspects of corporate networking, be it legacy architecture or cutting edge, SDN, SD-WAN, and Spine and Leaf at the Data Center or the office campus.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.