Engineer II, QA
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is a provider of enterprise on-demand solutions, including an online network, software and services for the residential mortgage industry. We are leading the mortgage industry into the future, developing and marketing software solutions that are transforming how mortgage lenders, investors, and settlement service providers work—and work together. We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer who will be responsible for the development, delivery and execution of code used to perform automated smoke and regression tests on a Loan Origination System and other mortgage systems.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Assist in determining test methodology and test data setup
- Actively participate in grooming, planning and daily standups
- Develop Test scenarios and test cases for capabilities of our products
- Execute test scenarios/test cases during formal test periods for every release
- Diagnose problems and report bugs and enhancements to Development
- Interact effectively with Product Management and Development
- Build regression and acceptance test scenarios
- Perform functional and End to End tests
- Automate scenarios using a JAVA/Protractor automation framework and TestNG.
- Involve in sprint end demos and retrospectives and work on continuous improvements
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test scripts
- Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Works closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects
- Familiar with using source control software, bug reporting software like Jira or equivalent and Virtual Machines
- May require overtime or off-peak hours to meet commitments
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a dedicated Test Engineer
- 1.5+ years’ uninterrupted experience developing automation code in Selenium with Java, TestNG for web based application.
- 1+ hands on experience with GitHub tools
- Understanding of CI/CD process. Familiar with Jenkins tool.
- Prior experience working on a financial application preferably a Mortgage Loan Origination System is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- no trial period - employment for an indefinite period from day 1 (contract of employment or B2B)
- up to 8 additional days off (American holidays)
- relocation package (if needed)
- medical and dental care
- sports card
- 2 weeks of "covid leave" - 100% paid extra days off in case of health / personal problems with you or your family
- recommendation system
- clear career path in Polish and global structures with full support of your personal development
- friendly, non-corporate organizational culture - it will be fun working with us!
- budget: 8500 - 12000 PLN Gross
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.