Strategic Relationship Manager 201824
Western United States /
Sales – Sales - Client Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Strategic Relationship Manager reports directly to the VP, Strategic. This role provides account management for a select segment of our Strategic client segment. The position is responsible for retention, increasing ACV value, identifying opportunities for sales, and increasing ROI for clients. This role is also identified as the overall owner of the customer relationship with Ellie Mae.
- Overall owner of client relationship to Ellie Mae
- Conduct annual ROI meetings with clients (impact of utilization increases, impact of PS engagements, impact of Encompass solutions new/added)
- Conduct semi-annual Client Strategy Meetings
- Meet with clients and perform detailed business process reviews, evaluating multiple aspects of the client’s business practices, including: Utilization of capabilities within products purchased, opportunities to reduce any compliance gaps and gaining efficiencies within products, and manual processes that can be automated through Ellie Mae solutions (cross-sell).
- Focused on meeting goals including driving ACV and cross-sell and up-sell
- Ensure pro-active communication with clients on future roadmaps, plans and activities of Ellie Mae that could impact the client
- Escalation point for clients on business related issues/concerns
- Develop strategy for all aspects of client’s relationship with Ellie Mae by including all additional managers and sales executives in the plan; Conduct internal meetings with all stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate actions and focus are maintained on client retention
- Territory assigned will represent Strategic-sized ACV valued customers
- Effectively communicate Ellie Mae’s value proposition, vision and product/service capabilities.
- Respond to client requests and resolve customer issues and escalations.
- Travel required.
- Successful experience in a customer-facing role of at least 7+ years, preferably in the mortgage lending industry. 3-5 years’ mortgage industry experience is preferred.
- Leadership qualities; ability to work as a leader in a team environment
- Record of success in utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Possesses an understanding of Ellie Mae products and solution and how to articulate the value of our products to customers.
- Possess a solid grasp of the mortgage lending industry, terminology, settlement services and operational workflows.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships, executing influence and providing phenomenal service.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver
- Problem solver and demonstrated ability to assess an issue and drive to full resolution.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task.
- Have a strong sense of urgency and a driving desire to advocate for your clients.
- Strong team player. Can effectively work cross functionally to get customer issues resolved.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to make presentation via Internet with web collaboration tools or in-person as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.