Collections Specialist - Temporary 190899
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Temporary assignment. (6 months max) Minimum 3+ years of collections and A/R experience in a high-volume corporate accounting environment. Must be a proactive, independent worker, with exceptional follow-through, possessing the ability to analytically research, reconcile and resolve past due accounts.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Communicate via email, letters and phone conversations with internal and external customers concerning status of invoice payments in a positive and cooperative manner
- Reconcile customer accounts
- Work closely with Sales, Billing and A/R to resolve invoice issues
- Negotiate promises to pay and payment plans
- Manage account suspension for non-payment
- Identify invoices for bad debt write-off and/or reserve
- Document collection activities in SalesForce and excel A/R Aging report
- Reprint invoices and reports for clients
- Work with Legal department to further pursue unpaid accounts
- Other special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounts receivable collections including familiarity with software contract terms
- 2-year degree highly desired
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Candidate must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis in Excel
- Experience working in SalesForce.com and Workday preferred
- Work with minimal supervision, using independent discretion and judgment
- Exemplary customer service skills with an aptitude for managing difficult customer situations with tact and diplomacy
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Capable of prioritizing
- Read and comprehend contract terms
- Ability to learn and implement position tasks quickly is desired
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.