Cloud Business Intelligence Developer- 202466
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Challenge for you to solve
- Working across the entire software stack, you will lead the delivery of tooling and capabilities needed to enable our cloud financial management roadmap. This tooling will visualize chargeback, showback, budgeting and forecasting and provide near real-time insights into current spending to provide clarity and accountability to the rest of the business
- You will evaluate open-source and closed sourced technologies to provide just the right blend of off the shelf solutions and propriety code to deliver machine learning based forecasts, self-service budgets, and product level visibility that will help drive better business decisions.
- You will calculate and operationalize cloud provider discount commitments (like Reserved Instances and Savings Plans) and provide the necessary governance, processes, and recommendations
- You will write code to implement visual elements and create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- You will work in sprints, breaking down work into actionable items and be able to continuously demonstrate froward momentum
- You will collaborate across multiple teams and learn about different approaches to solving core issues and leverage skill sets across many teams to accomplish delivery
Skills & characteristics you possess (and can demonstrate)
- You are a dynamic engineer who can work independently as a true “product owner”
- You own products end-to-end, from underlying infrastructure to engagement metrics
- You have a data-driven mindset, you believe the best decisions are made when they are backed by data
- You are an effective communicator with ability to drive consensus among stakeholders
- You design efficient and effective solutions to a wide range of engineering challenges
- You take initiative, and solve problems as you see them, but also can disseminate between competing priorities and chose appropriately
Must have technical requirements
- A demonstrable track record of delivering high quality software with a focus on performance and UX
- A demonstrable track record of delivering products designed with an API first design approach
- Proficiency with at least one server-side language such as Python, Java, and .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres and non-relational databases such as Mongo, Dynamo, Graph databases.
- Experience using public cloud provider APIs and SDKs (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of Public Cloud offerings and consumption models
- Experience with public cloud billing and cost management tools and processes (AWS preferred)
- Nice to have requirements that distinguish you in your field
- Previous experience in Cloud Cost Management.
- Prior experience with 3rd party cloud cost optimization tools such as Cloudability or Cloud Custodian.
- Working knowledge of containerization or stateless based solutions and development practices.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.