Product Management – User Experience (UX) /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to help us define and build executable models of the complex business calculations and rules that drive US mortgage underwriting decisions.
Our teams collaborate closely with departments all over the world, we need a person with English language skills sufficient for effective communication. We are looking for a good communicator - soft skills are essential for this position.
- Elicit complex mortgage underwriting business rules and requirements by interviewing subject matter experts (SME) and analyzing processes and documents.
- Create working models of business rules and calculations using Decision Model and Notation (DMN).
- Create and execute thorough test plans to ensure model completeness.
- Validate models with SMEs and external business partners.
- Prepare and maintain model documentation suitable for review by internal and external business users as well as internal engineering teams.
- Occasionally create models in Excel to validate business rules.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Experience building working business models of moderate complexity in Excel or other tool.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works independently.
- Knowledge and understanding of structured business modeling approaches such as Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) or Decision Model and Notation (DMN).
- Previous intermediate programming experience in any language.
- Knowledge of financial services and lending concepts.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.