Product Marketing Manager 190811-B
Marketing – Product Marketing
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The product marketing manager will collaborate with our marketing and sales team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers. It’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Market expertise —be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Collaborate with marketing and product management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Work with demand gen to map our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop GTM launch plans for Consumer Engagement solutions in conjunction with our product and marketing teams, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers, cross sell and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as a thought leader for the products you support internally and externally, including speaking engagements and content development. You will need to be able to demo all the Consumer Engagement products.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in productivity applications, especially Excel
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Eloqua, Pardot
- Adapt at networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Must be a strong writer and good speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) preferred.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.