Sr. Solution Engineer 202207
U.S.A. Remote /
Sales – Solution Sales /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Solutions Engineer must have precise knowledge of the Ellie Mae products and platform from a technical, design and functional perspective, as well as a thorough understanding of the business benefits of each. The Senior Solutions Engineer works with and through all levels of the Sales, Client Management and PSO organizations to effectively relate with customer operational, technical and development resources.
The Senior Solutions Engineer is responsible for gathering requirements and delivering best-practice solutions to complex business needs for Ellie Mae prospects and clients. This individual will need to have a strong analytical mind and ability to identify issues related by the client, scope out additional opportunities to assist Sales, Client Management and PSO in selling and cross selling Encompass and other Ellie Mae products and services appropriate for the prospect or client based on their needs and business model.
- Assist with mentoring team members on the Solutions Engineering Team
- Assisting with the onboarding and continuing education of the Sales Teams including, but not limited to:
- Assist with demo environment management
- Assist with demo environment support
- Assist in discovery for systems updates and conversion projects
- Provide demonstration support across all Ellie Mae products including, but not limited to TPO Connect, Consumer Connect, LO Connect, Data Connect, Insights, Ellie Mae AIQ, Velocify, eCRM, AllRegs, etc.
- Become the product liaison for new release value proposition positioning and authoring content for the demo environment
- Have a solid understanding of mortgage terminology and workflow
- Be able to analyze and compare departmental workflows and architect best practice demonstrations
- Document & support related questions and provide feedback to Ellie Mae Account Management teams
- Assist in case queue management and support to ensure defined SLA’s are met
- Flexibility to travel for work within the US 50% and up to 75% of the time (required)
- Discover, position and recommend cross selling other Ellie Mae products
- 5 – 7 years consulting and consultative selling for enterprise software solutions (required)
- 5 – 7 years mortgage banking experience including, but not limited to:
- Multi-channel experience (desired)
- Secondary and Trades experience (desired)
- Experience managing mortgage production or operational teams (desired)
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills
- Business analysis (as in Product Management) experience a plus
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting client-server and mission critical software solutions for the mortgage industry
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suites: 2013, 2016, Office 365
- Experience with the following operating systems: Windows 7, 10, Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Full stack development experience
- Experience with .NET programming languages such as C# or Visual Basic
- Experience with network configuration including firewall, proxy server, DNS management and AD deployment
- Experience with database architecture
- Understanding of cloud technology and deployment strategies using AWS, Azure, etc.
- Strong technical documentation skills (required)
- Strong working knowledge of the following Microsoft products: Outlook, Visio, and Excel
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and SharePoint (desired)
- Strong project management skills including research and development of alternative solutions
- Bachelor of Science or Business Management Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Certifications and Experience (degree strongly preferred)
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with Encompass Administration and/or other enterprise loan origination system or related software
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.