Sr. Engineer, Cloud Automation- Engineering Productivity Tools- 200112
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking an experienced Python or Golang developer to join our Cloud Automation team. The Cloud Automation team is responsible for internal services that provide developer collaboration, the build and release pipeline, and our cloud services platform. As a Cloud Automation developer, you’ll own the many micro-services that are a key part of our cloud and DevOps strategy to provide development environments, tools, and infrastructure to enable engineers to build product features and efficiently and confidently put them into production.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our engineering community to identify service needs and collaboratively design solutions.
- Partner with members of cross-functional teams and other stakeholders to build infrastructure and internal-facing services.
- Produce sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code in a Scrum/Kanban method with clear documentation
- Own medium- to large-size projects end to end. Determining project scope, assess technical complexity and producing execution timelines.
- Produce automated tests to ensure that an application meets its design and behaves as intended.
- Build, maintain, and help optimize continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices, and DevOps strategies.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, and identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team
What we are looking for - Must Haves
- Python or Golang Development with 2-4 years of experience.
- Must be familiar with Agile methodologies and how to operate in an Ops-centric development team.
- Proficiency in REST/JSON vocabulary, and the ability to illustrate API design using Swagger
- Familiarity of PAAS and IAAS offerings on a cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL data stores and the knowledge to know when to use one or the other.
- Proven track record of developing high scalability, elastic, and self-healing projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
Bonus Points for:
- History of application development utilizing Docker containers.
- Experience with Serverless application architecture.
- Productizing an idea/application.
- Object-oriented programming experience (Java, C#, C++…)
- Demonstrable experience troubleshooting issues relating to DNS, DHCP, IP routing, SSL/TLS.
- Experience open sourcing components and working with an open source community.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.