Director, IT Portfolio and Vendor Management 190317
Technology & Operations – IT
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
As the Director of IT Portfolio and Vendor Management, you will report to and work closely with the Head of Information Technology (IT) at Ellie Mae. You will run the day to day operations for the Office of The Head of IT; handle the EM technology governance process including direct interaction with executive leadership and their teams; and drive key action items and initiatives. You will lead the IT function in all audit, compliance and regulatory needs, in addition to partnership with Finance FP&A for the oversight of IT spend, and Marketing for branding and communication of IT.
Role Specific Responsibilities - IT Portfolio Governance
- Establish processes of working with the Office of IT Portfolio and Vendor Management including (but not limited to) Quality, Security, Purchasing, and Vendor Management
- As assigned, define, lead and run projects
- Responsible for deliverables that meet project objectives and timelines, identify and address dependencies between other projects and/or initiatives
- Handle issues and risks related to program and portfolio of projects, advance and recommend solutions to leadership as appropriate
- Develop the agendas for leadership and governance meetings; track status as appropriate for governance process
- Facilitate the demand management process for the IT organization including financial oversite and portfolio management, to yield the highest value to the business
- Ensure the IT Office is recognized, understood, and engaged by relevant business partners
- Ensure department is providing reporting and analytics for timely decision-making associated with IT project work, budgets, spend, and ‘run vs. grow’ activities
- Act as trusted advisor and SME by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice; contribute to the development of programs and initiatives
- Work with leadership teams to identify technologies and projects requiring governance and appropriate governance bodies
- Develop FY governance roadmaps to ensure successful execution
- Develop high degree of trust with key internal client base, work with key EM partner groups to maintain cross-functional relationships
- Work with the Head of IT to drive and create strategic goals for IT.
IT Budget & Vendor Management
- Partner with Head of IT and Finance to plan and manage the annual IT Budget
- Establish and develop relationships with IT vendors, ensuring that vendors are providing products and services in accordance with their contractual obligations, internal partners are satisfied with the vendors’ performance and the organization is safeguarded against vendor risks.
- Partnering with IT Leaders to source and negotiate all contracts and agreements. This requires partnership with our Legal and Finance departments as well.
- Vendor relationship management and organizing effective Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with top vendors in IT Portfolio.
- Manage all invoices, requisitions and purchase orders for IT
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all reporting and data analysis for IT related spend
Day to Day Operations of Office of Head of IT
- Set the cadence of leadership team activities
- Serve as key liaison with team members of IT leadership
- Monitor and communicate progress on all initiatives; including executive level briefings on project progress, strategy execution, to Ellie Mae CIO Leadership and executives.
- Work closely with leadership and project teams to prepare for CIO briefings
- Build and rollout reporting templates and dashboards for internal IT use - measuring time spent, cost, and overall value delivered by each department / application and overall IT Operations
- Consistent track record of leading an IT Portfolio and Vendor Management function which includes positive outcomes with project delivery from cost and timelines perspectives and streamlining vendor management operations and increasing cost efficiencies for an IT organization
- Self-starter with ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and deal with ambiguity
- Solid project management and planning capabilities
- Ability to engage in consultative dialogue with partners, solid aptitude in listening and problem solving, with focus on implementation and operations
- Ability to understand a wide variety of topics, organized into logical and clear actions
- Extraordinarily detailed oriented, and well-organized
- Superb communication and executive presence skills. High standard of written and oral business communications skills: including ability to effectively present issues and ideas in logical and articulate manner
- Strong relationship-building and relationship management skills
- Ability to collaborate with all levels, especially with leadership
- Demonstrates excellent professional presence and business acumen
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. High comfort level and flexibility working in a continually changing environment and handling multiple priorities
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Skilled in the operation of collaboration and conferencing technologies; PowerPoint proficiency
- Prior client service experience highly desirable, especially in change management
- Experience with PPM tools. Planview experience is strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, preferably in IT or Computer Science required
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in subject matter area, including Strong experience and knowledge in project and program management
- Prior experience in a Project Management Office (PMO) required
- Preferably holds a PgMP, or PMP
- Certified SCRUM Master a plus
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.