Manager, IT Back Office Applications 190479
Technology & Operations – IT
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is seeking a dynamic Manager for IT Enterprise Back Office Applications to join our tightly knit, high-energy Information Technology (IT) Organization to support the delivery of technology solutions for Finance and HR (People) orgs. This role will report to the Director of IT Back Office Applications and be based in Pleasanton, California. This individual will be responsible for the planning and delivery of solutions primarily focused on day to day operations related to Workday Financials and Workday HCM, some Legacy applications and related integrations along with opportunities for Enterprise wide Opportunity to Cash transformation initiative. This individual must be engaging and consultative in his/her approach to work with effective communication skills. In short, you will never be bored. You will challenge yourself with a wide variety of projects and you will have many opportunities to make a positive impact and grow your career.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, energetic, organized and collaborative experienced manager with outstanding intellectual curiosity, clear communication, strong Finance (and Human Resources) business processes knowledge and the ability to influence cross functional IT teams. You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to details), and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that exceed customer expectations.
You can understand the big picture, including best practices, as well as an ability to apply a disciplined and detail-oriented approach to execution. You can operate and thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a strong work ethic and love technology as well as business processes. You show initiative, can prioritize, influence and execute.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and management to the IT Back Office Application team (at a minimum Finance resources including FTE, contractors & managed services) to proactively prioritize and deliver roadmap items including day to day operations as well as any new initiatives
- Responsible for scoping and delivery of technology solutions that optimize and enable our Finance & People orgs. This also includes staying updated with technology releases and road-map, identifying opportunities to leverage new features and functionality to improve business processes.
- Acts as a focal point for Workday Financials/HCM, its integrations with external systems such as Salesforce.com as well as other applications under Back Office footprint like custom Billing, Provisioning & Usage applications.
- Support the relationship with the Finance & People Organizations, utilizing proactive account management strategies, and develop strong business relationships negotiating resolution of conflicting requirements & priorities for Back Office
- Sets and measures performance objectives and provides regular one-on-one feedback to all members of the team
- Hires and evaluates the performance of direct reports, provides ongoing coaching and staff development.
- Manages delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users
- Works closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies
- Plan and manage small/medium complexity projects/initiatives
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience as a Manager managing 5 or more resources and supporting Finance organization (preferably HR/People org too)
- Extensive business process knowledge, configuration and hands on experience (minimum of 7 years) for Financials including Procure to Pay, Record to Report & Order to Cash in at least one of key ERPs like Workday (preferred), Oracle, PeopleSoft, NetSuite etc.
- Experience handling cross-functional projects with applications like Salesforce, banks (AR lockbox), Tax systems (like One Source, Avalara) etc
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and facilitation skills
- Self-motivation, proactive and willingness to learn with a strong sense of accountability and a proven track record of delivering results
- Must work well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, be able to interact in a team environment, be able to adapt quickly to change, deep attention to details and possess excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues to the business.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, process analysis and design, gap analysis, functional design specifications, system configuration, and development of system tests, procedures and documentation
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, IT or a related discipline
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.