Staff Engineer, Software-190221
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strong Staff level Software Engineer with a solid background in Software Engineering and System Architecture. As a member of the Engineering team, you will be working in a fast-paced development team while collaborating with other developers, QA, product, UX, management and customer support teams. You will have the opportunity to participate in designing and developing both existing products and new products. While working on these projects you will be responsible for driving architectural decisions, leading design discussions, mentoring and growing the team, reducing operational cost, solving business wide initiatives among many other complex and high visibility work.
Why should you join our team?
You are a fast learner who is motivated by working with different technologies
You have extensive hands-on experience with SAAS and SOA
You take pride in implementing robust and scalable systems at high quality
You are a team player and believe that as a team we achieve more
You are detail oriented and work closely with the team to identify and fill gaps where appropriate
You are a great communicator who is comfortable collaborating with technical and non-technical members on the team
You push yourself and the team to deliver high quality code
You are determined to make your mark in the organization
Summary of Responsibilities
- Design and build scalable services and applications optimized for the best customer experience possible
- Contribute to architecture, design and implementation of our next generation cloud services
- Provide technical leadership and create technical specifications for new microservices and API’s
- Take ownership of the quality of the service from coding all the way to production
- Maintain and extend our services, focused on delivering results
- Maintain developer documentation for the new API’s to encourage adoption and best practices
- Grow and mentor the team
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 12+ years of software development experience leading large scale architecture and design across high-volume transactional and customer facing application/services using Java, C#, .NET or similar
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD, TDD, unit testing, A/B testing, integration/system testing, monitoring/alerting, agile development practices
- Full stack experience with extensive hands-on knowledge of platform and application layer development processes in an SOA environment
- Extensive hands-on experience with industry standards and industry best practices for large, complex platforms and services
- Proven experience implementing RESTfful services at scale
- Extensive hands on knowledge and experience with database design, optimizations and management for SQL, Mongo, Oracle, NoSQL
- Proven experience designing robust, performant and scalable production systems
- Experience with security protocols and security best practices
- Proven experience modernizing existing codebases and working efficiently across new and existing technology stacks
- Extensive experience architecting and releasing cloud services and applications
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members on the team
- Deep knowledge and understanding of scrum/agile development methodologies
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.