New York, NY
If you are an exceptionally talented individual who is passionate about solving some of the world’s most important problems, and creating scalable social impact with data, we want to hear from you.
As one of Elucd's first hires, you will have lasting impact on building the business, its culture, and its success. We also want to partner with you in building your skills, your knowledge, your network, and you. You can expect from us not just a job, but support and mentorship around transforming your career. You will enjoy great autonomy, have great responsibility, and will directly affect the outcome of everything that you touch.
We care less about your specific credentials, and more about your potential to be a transformative member of our team. We are tackling one of the most important issues of our time -- the relationship between governments and the communities that they serve, starting with policing. Success for us means impact on hundreds of millions of people around the U.S. and billions around the world. We've got a unique head start on the problem in a particularly acute sector, and we are looking for partners that will be game-changers for us in achieving our mission.
We are deeply committed to a culture of curiosity and learning and support every team member with a budget for ongoing learning, financial support for participation in conferences and meetups, as well as biweekly lunch-and-learns and other personal and professional growth opportunities.
Elucd is based in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City, right at the base of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges.
- Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, and econometrics
- Develop and improve survey methodology, including identifying sources of potential error, designing and implementing solutions
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships
- Write code to automate solutions
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations
Required Skills & Background
- MA/MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Political Science or other technical fields; or equivalent practical experience in an analytical setting
- Expertise with any of the following: predictive analytics and statistical modeling, survey methodology, causal inference, experimental design and analysis, independent research, or regression analysis
- Expertise in Python
- Ability to write clear and understandable code
- Experience building predictive models using regression and machine learning techniques
- Experience with SQL or ORMs
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Expertise in geospatial and/or time series analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work collaboratively in a group environment
- Interest in cities and technology for social good
- Current authorization to work full-time in the U.S.
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Political Science, or other technical fields
- Publications, working papers, or conference presentations in a quantitative field
- Specialization/deep experience in data visualization
- Experience with deep learning
- Domain experience in government/law enforcement
Elucd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Diversity and inclusion is a foundational value of our company. We know that we will do our best, most innovative, and most impactful work (and have the most fun in doing it!) if we prioritize representation and true inclusion. We proudly hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.