New York, NY
If you are an exceptionally talented individual who is passionate about solving some of the world’s most important problems, creating scalable social impact with data, we want to hear from you.
As one of Elucd's first hires, you will have lasting impact on building the business, its culture, and its success. We also want to partner with you in building your skills, your knowledge, your network, and you. You can expect from us not just a job, but support and mentorship around transforming your career. You will enjoy great autonomy, have great responsibility, and will directly affect the outcome of everything that you touch.
We care less about your specific credentials, and more about your potential to be a transformative member of our team. We are tackling one of the most important issues of our time -- the relationship between governments and the communities that they serve, starting with policing. Success for us means impact on hundreds of millions of people around the U.S. and billions around the world. We've got a unique head start on the problem in a particularly acute sector, and we are looking for partners that will be game-changers for us in achieving our mission.
- Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, and econometrics
- Develop and improve survey methodology
- Design, implement, and analyze experiments around interventions that build community trust
- Write code to automate solutions
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships
Required Skills & Background
- BA/BS in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Political Science or other technical fields; or equivalent practical experience in an analytical setting
- Expertise with any of the following: predictive analytics and modeling, survey methodology, causal inference, experimental design and analysis, independent research, or regression analysis
- Expertise in R or Python, or comparable statistical packages/languages
- Ability to write clear and understandable code
- Experience building predictive models using regression and machine learning techniques
- Experience with SQL or ORMs
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Expertise in geospatial and/or time series analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work collaboratively in a group environment
- MS/PhD in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Political Science, or other technical fields
- Publications, working papers, or conference presentations in a quantitative field
- Specialization/deep experience in data visualization
- Experience with deep learningExperience with natural language processing
- Domain experience in government/law enforcement
Elucd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Diversity and inclusion is a foundational value of our company. We know that we will do our best, most innovative, and most impactful work (and have the most fun in doing it!) if we prioritize representation and true inclusion. We proudly hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.