Full-Stack Software Engineer
NYC or Remote /
Elucd is a fast-growing early stage technology startup committed to helping city leaders better serve their residents. We bring city residents’ voices into the rooms where decisions get made. Engineering is a critical piece of what we do, and we want an amazing person to join our technical team.
Read more about us in Wired.
We've grown our customer base by 3x over the past few months--including several of the largest U.S. cities--and are poised for an exciting 2020. And we've recently expanded our capacity to provide vital information to government and business leaders to guide their Covid-19 response efforts. Come join us!
Elucd is seeking a full-stack software engineer to join our small, but growing team. This person will report to our Product Lead, and will coordinate day-to-day with our Technical team of engineers and data-scientists. You will be responsible for executing the full life-cycle of software development with a small team of dedicated professionals dedicated to making an impact. You will dive into a wide range of stacks and codebases and should be eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- Executing full lifecycle software development.
- Writing efficient, well-architected, tested, and documented code.
- Producing specifications and determining operational feasibility.
- Integrating software components into a fully functional software system.
- Developing software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems.
Skills + Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: (i) Web application development; (ii) Mobile application development; (iii) Machine learning; (iv) Natural language processing; (v) ETL systems; (vi) Devops; and (vii) Security software development.
- Experience using Django in a production environment.
- Experience managing cloud hosting providers such as AWS EC2 and Heroku.
- Experience with relational database management (PostgreSQL).
- Experience with front end technologies and JS frameworks such as React.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; especially to explain technical concepts in plain English.
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other related technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Compensation + Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $94,000/yr.
- Elucd offers a competitive benefits package, including: (i) Health benefits; (ii) Unlimited paid time off; (iii) Transit support; (iv) Snacks every day, breakfast on Mondays, lunch on Wednesdays; and (v) Personal professional development budget to use at your discretion.
Elucd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Diversity and inclusion is a foundational value of our company. We know that we will do our best, most innovative, and most impactful work (and have the most fun in doing it!) if we prioritize representation and true inclusion. We proudly hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.