Cloud Engineer (all genders)
Who we are
The public charging market for electric vehicles still lacks reliability and is highly fragmented. The charging experience for EV drivers suffers as a result and many people still stick with their combustion cars. We're dedicated to making the EV charging process enjoyable. To achieve this, we've created an app that continuously analyzes real-time charging information and gathers user feedback to recommend the best charging station near you. Our goal is not just to improve the charging experience for EV drivers; we have a bigger vision. With a large community of EV drivers using our app, we want to create a giant virtual battery to store renewable energy and stabilize the energy grid by offering its storage capacity, all managed by the elvah app.
About the role
- You will be a go-to person across the entire organization for all infrastructure topics
- You build, improve, and maintain infrastructure configurations with Terraform
- You improve our monitoring and alerting and ensure that our platform is alway up and running
- You constantly review monitoring data and improve the performance of our services
- You collaborate closely with our development teams to improve, build, and deploy pipelines
- You collected 2+ years of professional experience operating high-scaling Cloud applications
- Your expertise with the AWS service portfolio is extensive
- You possess extensive expertise in CI/CD pipelines, Docker, and container management systems like ECS
- You ideally have experience with Infrastructure as code principles like Terraform and Terragrunt
- You have experience with monitoring and alerting systems like Cloudwatch and Kibana
- You must have the ability to work independently, as well as possess strong organizational and time management skills
- You have attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards, with a focus on continuous improvement
- You speak fluent English which is our company language
- You have your permanent residence or work permit in Germany or Europe
Our hiring process
Application screening: Our People & Culture team screens all applications in collaboration with the teams.
First interview (45 min): In the first interview, you will meet one colleague from People & Culture. The goal of this interview is getting-to-know each other and aligning expectations from both ends to get a feeling if this would be a good fit for both sides.
Case Study: We always include a technical part in our interview process which would be a smaller case study related to possible improvements in our app that you see. We try to keep this part as short as possible and are not looking for a perfect solution, but want to understand your approach and ideas a little bit better.
Technical interview (1 h): This session is focused on the role itself and you would meet your potential lead next to a few direct colleagues. We would like to start off by discussing your case study and use this as a starting point for a technical discussion together.
Meet-the-team (1 h): In this last step, we want to introduce you to a few other people who you would be working with, so you get a good image of our team in total. Here, we will only focus on more cultural topics.
Purpose-driven: You will be working on a product with a strong vision to create the biggest decentralized power bank for renewable energies - only by software.
High level of autonomy: You will work in a trustful environment with cross-functional teams without many hierarchical levels where you will take on responsibility from day one.
Team with heart: You will join a truly great team that will support you from day one, works together in a highly respectful way, and lets you be your full self.
Remote-first: We work remote-first (distributed all over Germany and a bit of Europe) but we do appreciate meeting together in person a lot and come together for off-site company events around once a quarter.
Healthy balance: It’s important to us that you find a good balance for yourself. That’s why we offer 30 vacation days, flexible working hours, and live a “0 over-hours policy”.
State-of-the-art hardware: You will receive state-of-the-art hardware and a 50% subsidy for further equipment you may want to equip your home office with.
elvah is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity. We want everyone to be able to bring their full self to work, learn from being different and adding different perspectives and create a truly diverse and inclusive working environment for everyone.