Product Owner - B2B (all genders)
Who we are
The public charging market for electric vehicles still lacks reliability and is highly fragmented. The charging experience for EV drivers suffers as a result and many people still stick with their combustion cars. We're dedicated to making the EV charging process enjoyable. To achieve this, we've created an app that continuously analyzes real-time charging information and gathers user feedback to recommend the best charging station near you. Our goal is not just to improve the charging experience for EV drivers; we have a bigger vision. With a large community of EV drivers using our app, we want to create a giant virtual battery to store renewable energy and stabilize the energy grid by offering its storage capacity, all managed by the elvah app.
In this role, you will be part of our new stream that defines our B2B portfolio. Especially in the beginning, you will work very closely with our colleagues from Partnerships and Sales and join customer conversations to identify their needs and requirements. You will join in building up the cross-functional stream and be able to shape our B2B portfolio from the beginning on.
About the role
- You build up and coordinate a cross-functional development team, focusing on the B2B solutions of elvah
- You help to identify our new B2B portfolio and translate this into operational development
- You are part of the early stage exchange with customers to incorporate their requirements in our portfolio and develop suiting solutions to their challenges
- You define and prioritize features for the product backlog, always keeping our product vision in mind
- You make sure that our roadmap is aligned with customer needs
- You closely collaborate with the other Product Owners and other stakeholders throughout the company like our App or Platform team
- You ensure high quality of the deliverables
- You collected 5+ years of professional experience in a Product Owner or Manager role
- You have a solid technical understanding of the development of SaaS software
- You have a good understanding of B2B sales processes and already collected experience in the direct interaction with customers
- You have an agile mindset and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- You have great communication and people management skills
- You have an eye for an outstanding user experience
- You have the ability to work independently and good organizational skills
- You have attention to detail and a sense of high-quality standards
- You speak fluent English which is our company language
- You have your residence in Germany or Europe
Our hiring process
Application screening: Our People & Culture team screens all applications in collaboration with the teams.
First interview (45 min): In the first interview, you will meet one colleague from People & Culture. The goal of this interview is getting-to-know each other and aligning expectations from both ends to get a feeling if this would be a good fit for both sides.
Case Study: We always include a technical part in our interview process which would be a smaller case study related to possible improvements in our app that you see. We try to keep this part as short as possible and are not looking for a perfect solution, but want to understand your approach and ideas a little bit better.
Technical interview (1 h): This session is focused on the role itself and you would meet your potential lead next to a few direct colleagues. We would like to start off by discussing your case study and use this as a starting point for a technical discussion together.
Meet-the-team (1 h): In this last step, we want to introduce you to a few other people who you would be working with, so you get a good image of our team in total. Here, we will only focus on more cultural topics.
Purpose-driven: You will be working on a product with a strong vision to create the biggest decentralized power bank for renewable energies - only by software.
High level of autonomy: You will work in a trustful environment with cross-functional teams without many hierarchical levels where you will take on responsibility from day one.
Team with heart: You will join a truly great team that will support you from day one, works together in a highly respectful way, and lets you be your full self.
Remote-first: We work remote-first (distributed all over Germany and a bit of Europe) but we do appreciate meeting together in person a lot and come together for off-site company events around once a quarter.
Healthy balance: It’s important to us that you find a good balance for yourself. That’s why we offer 30 vacation days, flexible working hours, and live a “0 over-hours policy”.
State-of-the-art hardware: You will receive state-of-the-art hardware and a 50% subsidy for further equipment you may want to equip your home office with.
elvah is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity. We want everyone to be able to bring their full self to work, learn from being different and adding different perspectives and create a truly diverse and inclusive working environment for everyone.