Microservices Developer (all genders)
Full or Part Time
We excite sustainable mobility by providing smart products and services to EV drivers and the EV industry with data-based solutions. We believe driving an electric vehicle should be accessible, convenient and fun. To achieve this, we develop data-based and user-friendly solutions and services that create transparency and security in a fragmented market.
Come join us on our journey to shape a sustainable future of mobility together!
About the role
- You will be part of one of our cross-functional teams
- You will develop new features as well as enhance existing features
- Within the agile development process, you are encouraged to actively contribute to the product and improve quality and user experience
- You write unit and integration tests and keep our test coverage high
- In close collaboration with our customer support team, you will help to jointly identify and solve technical problems
- Professional experience in the development of jvm based backend applications of at least 2 years
- Professional experience working with the latest Spring frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming with Kotlin (preferred) or Java
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB)
- Experience with agile software development in a cross-functional team
- Experience with git, git-flow and the principles of pull / merge requests
- Ability to work independently and good organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and a sense for high quality standards
- You are willing to travel to company and team meetings around once per quarter (usually to Berlin)
- Permanent residence in Germany or the EU
- You will be working on a product with a strong vision and the purpose of creating a more sustainable future of mobility.
- We work in an agile way and without many hierarchical levels. You will take on responsibility from day one and gain a comprehensive insight into a rapidly growing mobility start-up.
- We work remotely 98% of the time and come together for off-site team events around once a quarter. Most often, this will be in the Berlin area as most colleagues are based here.
- If you prefer working from a co-working space or meeting up with some colleagues in your area, we have a budget for co-working spaces that you can use through the platform independesk.
- You will receive a competitive salary with an unlimited employment contract.
- We know it's important to take time to recharge. Therefore, we offer 30 days of vacation combined with time-keeping to assure that no one is working over-hours.
- We have flexible working hours, so that you can manage your working time as it fits your individual schedule best.
- You will receive state of the art hardware and budget for further equipment you need to work from home.
- You will receive a monthly budget of 50€ for our benefits platform benefitsy that you can spend for the perk that you like most from Spotify, Swapfiets to REWE vouchers.
- If you would like to save additional money for your pension: we support your company pension (bAV) by doubling the amount you save into your bAV every month.
elvah is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity. We want everyone to be able to bring their full self to work, learn from being different and adding different perspectives and create a truly diverse and inclusive working environment for everyone.