DevOps Engineer 🇧🇪
Brussels Area, Belgium /
Engineering – Site Reliability /
Who we are
elyps is an invite-only fintech super app combining a neobank with a lifestyle marketplace, gathering a community of users caring about global warming.
All elyps customers are shareholders, for free.
Early 2017, when he discovered blockchain technology, Vincent decided to leave San Francisco to return to Europe to create elyps. After having met the Belgian financial authorities in late 2017 to create a new kind of bank, Mat, a Mobile & Fintech specialist joined Vincent to found elyps. After 30 months of fury, elyps is ready to launch!
Have a positive climate impact by influencing daily actions through behavioral and transactional data.
• Just focus on users interest
• Consider users as important as you
• Do everything impossible to save time and improve the lifestyle of our users
• Offer free equity to users to install an unwavering trust
• Gather our community around a common mission
• Influence global warming reduction
• Decentralisation is the new freedom
• 10 times better is not enough
• High motivation and overdelivery are essential
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with GCP experience to join our new-built engineering team and contribute to the continued success of our product and technical solutions. You will also design, develop and in some cases own the automated deployment, maintenance and monitoring of our product, using your experience to achieve this within optimal cost.
At elyps, we are looking for an individual who takes ownership of his / her area of expertise and who is driven to solve problems at every level. If you enjoy automation, working with cutting edge technology and helping define and steer the technical direction of a global brand then this role is for you!
What you will be doing
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale, aiming for 100% automation in DevOps processes.
- You will develop and enable continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for automation system components.
- You will enforce security best practices that are compliant with the banking industry regulation.
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories, test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from scratch.
- You will work with QA on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production.
- You will participate in the on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure.
- You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick.
- You will continuously explore new technologies that will make automation and scale a reality.
What you need to be successful
- You have previously worked as SRE / DevOps in a start-up environment and/or in financial services.
- You have experience in building fault-tolerant and scalable systems.
- You have solid commercial experience with automation using Terraform.
Your Hard Skills
- You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- You are managed DevTest (Pre-Production) and customer-facing Production environment.
- You have previous experience managing multiple Clouds; AWS, Azure and/or GCP is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker container-orchestration technology.
- You have strong knowledge around Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- You are passionate about innovation and the word blockchain does not scare you.
Your Soft Skills
- Customer centric
- Environmental awareness
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Aspiration & Self Improvement
- Inspire people
- Growth mindset
- Focus mastery
- Get Comfortable with Chaos
- Culture awareness
Compensation & Benefits
- Package : 80,000 € - 120,000 €
- Our gross salary range for the role is 40,000 € - 60,000 € per annum depending on experience
- Stock Options: We double your gross salary with stock options
- Biannual equity bonuses
- The latest Apple MacBook and 27' screen with comfort view
- Roll with a free elyps Premium subscription
- 1 day of remote work per week
- 5 to 10 days off in addition to the statutory holidays
- Pension plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we already have 8+ nationalities)
- Additional employee benefits coming soon
- Video-call interview with our talent acquisition manager (30 min approx.)
- Video-call interview with your future manager (45 min. approx.)
- A home-task / Business case challenge to evaluate your hard skills
- Onsite interviews with future team members (1:30 hours approx.)
- Meeting with Founders
- Offer follows within 48 hours
Thank you for considering to join elyps. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
elyps has a growing-team working behind the scene with an extensive experience in financial services and the expertise of successfully dealing with the pains of scaling high-growth tech products.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment with talented and ambitious people, all passionate in taking part of building a game-changing company that impacts positively on people’s lives. We are devoted to build a diverse work environment where our employees are motivated and proud every single day.