Lead Backend Developer 🇧🇪
Brussels Area, Belgium /
Engineering – Software Development /
Who we are
elyps is an invite-only fintech super app combining a neobank with a lifestyle marketplace, gathering a community of users caring about global warming.
All elyps customers are shareholders, for free.
Early 2017, when he discovered blockchain technology, Vincent decided to leave San Francisco to return to Europe to create elyps. After having met the Belgian financial authorities in late 2017 to create a new kind of bank, Mat, a Mobile & Fintech specialist joined Vincent to found elyps. After 30 months of fury, elyps is ready to launch!
Have a positive climate impact by influencing daily actions through behavioral and transactional data.
• Just focus on users interest
• Consider users as important as you
• Do everything impossible to save time and improve the lifestyle of our users
• Offer free equity to users to install an unwavering trust
• Gather our community around a common mission
• Influence global warming reduction
• Decentralisation is the new freedom
• 10 times better is not enough
• High motivation and overdelivery are essential
We're looking for a Lead Backend Developer who will take part in building the next-generation of banking products. A person with the expertise of building from the ground up a platform that will handle thousands of transactions at scale. We expect our Tech Leads to be versatile and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push innovation forward.
At Elyps, we encourage all our employees to have an effective positive attitude that shows we all care about each others' concerns, finding the way to tackle challenges in the best way possible as we keep moving forward with our mission of building one of the most secure and scalable banking products within the FinTech space.
What you will be doing
- You will leverage and take ownership of our web applications, shipping complex new features at high velocity and high quality to improve Elyps' product offering.
- You will drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience, identifying and leading the way of software engineering practices at Elyps.
- You will work with different teams across the organization, to make sure our backend fit nicely within the infrastructure, and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from scratch.
- As we scale, you will build and mentor a team of highly skilled developers, creating a low stress, growth-oriented culture.
- You will own product quality and impact to our customers by listening to our customer's feedback and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- You will identify training and development opportunities for your team, encouraging them to be the best version of themselves.
- You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick.
- You will continuously explore new technologies that will delight the user experience of Elyps customers, being at the forefront of a rapidly changing digital environment.
What you need to be successful
- You have minimum 3 years of experience building and operating large-scale distributed systems, working in agile software development environments.
- You have substantial experience in an object-oriented programming language and web development and proven experience of automated testing and TDD.
- You have worked in an agile team and have understanding of cloud platforms, CI/CD and you are not afraid of deploying and operating your applications.
- You have experience building and mentoring teams of skilled developers creating innovative and forward-thinking digital products for consumers.
Your Hard Skills
- You want to work in a startup environment because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything.
- You like to take ownership of your work and you are accountable for it.
Your Soft Skills
- Customer centric
- Environmental awareness
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Aspiration & Self Improvement
- Inspire people
- Growth mindset
- Focus mastery
- Get Comfortable with Chaos
- Culture awareness
Compensation & Benefits
- Package : 130,000 € - 170,000 €
- Our gross salary range for the role is 65,000 € - 85,000 € per annum depending on experience
- Stock Options: We double your gross salary with stock options
- Biannual equity bonuses
- The latest Apple MacBook and 27' screen with comfort view
- Roll with a free elyps Premium subscription
- elyps will keep employees working remotely until summer 2021
- 5 days off in addition to the statutory holidays
- Pension plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional employee benefits coming soon
- Video-call interview with our talent acquisition manager (30 min approx.)
- Video-call interview with your future manager (45 min. approx.)
- A home-task / Business case challenge to evaluate your hard skills
- Onsite interviews with future team members (1:30 hours approx.)
- Meeting with Founders
- Offer follows within 48 hours
Thank you for considering to join elyps. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
elyps has a growing-team working behind the scene with an extensive experience in financial services and the expertise of successfully dealing with the pains of scaling high-growth tech products.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment with talented and ambitious people, all passionate in taking part of building a game-changing company that impacts positively on people’s lives. We are devoted to build a diverse work environment where our employees are motivated and proud every single day.