Perception Team Lead
San Francisco, CA
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. In June of 2018 we raised a 30 million dollar series B led by Sequoia, crossed 100,000 autonomous miles driven and are moving freight daily between LA and Phoenix. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people from world class companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Uber ATG and Apple.
We are looking for a lead for our perception team. They will have ownership over both technical direction and managing the team. This is a unique opportunity to lead a group of talented engineers with experience across the self-driving space.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide our perception team with leadership technically and organizationally
- High-level strategy for our detection, tracking, and sensor fusion system
- Get hands on with projects as necessary, including reviewing code and data
- Work with product to understand requirements and decide on goals and timelines
- Work with the team and other technical leaders to plan and execute projects that improve perception stack and meet product requirements
- Responsible for team productivity including recruiting, guidance, mentoring, training, evaluation
Experience Might Include:
- Managing a team
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, sensor fusion, state estimation
- Time in the self-driving space or other related robotics fields
- Building a perception stack
When you apply, address the application to Michael.
A few company highlights: