Associate - Strategy and Business Development
San Francisco, CA /
General and Admin – General and Admin /
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking for an Associate to join Embark's Business Development function. This team is responsible for creating our go-to-market strategy while developing freight industry partnerships and growth opportunities. Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, this associate should bring an analytical mindset and an uncanny ability to manage dynamic situations to ultimately make autonomous freight transportation a reality.
- Support on-going segmentation and positioning of products, services and customer types
- Support development of nationwide expansion plan and associated transfer hub operating model
- Work with specific partners to analyze their freight networks and identify value creation opportunities for autonomous trucking
- Plan and manage the execution of pilot programs that span across multiple partner organizations - define objectives, set KPIs and summarize key findings
- Develop compelling presentations to support a wide range of partner discussions
- 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, VC/PE/growth fund, Big Tech, or startups
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably finance, economics, or STEM)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and modeling skills (strong with excel)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects from inception to execution to close-out
- Experience developing presentations and strategic narratives for executives or senior level stakeholders
- The ability to multitask and prioritize with changes in scale, scope, and project deadlines
- Demonstrated passion for the logistics, transportation and trucking industry
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: