Test Engineer - Root Cause Analysis, Katy TX.
Katy, TX /
Operations – Root Cause Engineering /
Embark Trucks is America's Longest-Running Self-Driving Truck Program and is bringing autonomous freight mainstream. As covered by the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Forbes, TechCrunch and and other outlets, Embark went public via a ~$5 billion SPAC deal in November 2021, and is listed on Nasdaq under the symbol EMBK. Embark is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with operations centers in Fontana, CA and Houston, TX, moving freight daily using our purpose-built transfer hubs. Embark has aligned itself with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate Embark trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Interested in diagnosing software issues on massive, autonomous robots? Embark Trucks is seeking an experienced software engineer to conduct hands-on, root cause analysis of software failures on Embark’s autonomous truck platform. As part of Embark’s new Root Cause Engineering (RCE) team, you’ll be responsible for in-depth characterization of failure modes affecting the uptime of our AV system and work closely with operational and technical stakeholders to deliver actionable root cause analysis reports to AV Engineering. RCE team opportunities exist at Embark facilities in Katy, TX.
- Diagnose errors encountered during AV testing, to include troubleshooting Linux, ROS, external sensors/peripherals, and data connectivity using a variety of log outputs and human operator feedback
- Collaborate on issue tickets with AV engineers, test operators, and help-desk technicians
- Identify root causes of high-level system failures and draft concise technical reports, to include resolution recommendations
- Scope diagnostic tool improvements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Robotics
- Experience troubleshooting system behaviors in a Linux, debugging C++ stack traces, diagnosing ROS node errors, and identifying software failures caused by hardware sensors
- Experience directly related to robotics / autonomous systems
- Passion for robotics, autonomous vehicles, or diagnosing other tightly integrated software/hardware platforms
- Passion for writing concise, clear, and detailed reports
- Insatiable curiosity; obsession for finding issues & getting them fixed
- Ability to thrive amidst ambiguous and dynamic challenges
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Open to travel to remote offices and test facilities
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Embark Trucks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Embark in the Press:
A few company highlights: