Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Engineering Operations sits between our core AV teams (Perception, Planning, Controls and Hardware) to lead and coordinate some of the Engineering team’s most challenging projects. We are a cross-functional team that has a deep understanding of the technical stack and consistently jumps into new areas. From fixing camera drivers to writing safety critical planning algorithms and building data processing tools to generate truck performance metrics, this role will expose you to all parts of our stack.
On top of this, we work closely with the executive team to set direction for Engineering at large and ensure cohesion between Operations and Engineering – the company’s two biggest organizations. This role requires a knowledge across the technical stack, as well as a keen understanding of our business and operational needs. If you are interested in working at the forefront of extremely technically and operationally challenging problems, please read further!
- Design the high-level self-driving system architecture.
- Contribute to and lead critical cross-functional projects between Perception, Planning, Controls and Hardware from inception to integration and release.
- Develop infrastructure to support safe and effective testing across all modalities such as simulation, track, unit and regression, and on-road testing.
- Analyze manual and automated driving data, industry literature and driver input to define how our self-driving trucks should behave in the real world.
- Triage, identify and solve the highest priority issues affecting the self-driving truck fleet.
- Identify areas of improvement for Operations and Engineering and develop processes and technical infrastructure to address these needs.
Your Experience Might Include:
- 3+ years in software engineering.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Experience working with a complex software or robotics system.
- Experience building complex real-world systems with Python and C++.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion to work with others.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: